FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Did you get out today? What you in, how'd u do?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 9>
Author
Woodburner View Drop Down
Far too distracted from work

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Woodburner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Did you get out today? What you in, how'd u do?
    Posted: 14 Aug 22 at 6:54pm
We used to have a thread on the Boards Windsurfing forum where we used to report in as to what we've been up to, thought it wouldn't be a bad idea here just to be nosy. 

Today I was back on the water for the 2nd time in the Contenderweight disaster still struggling to get a grip, I've had a couple of breakthroughs in technique thanks to fitting a couple of those tacking stick things to the trap lines, still didn't help me not piss it in trying to avoid a Laser at the wing mark, yeah I know what am I doing behind a Laser, I screwed up the start. Results? Probably last in both races on handicap.

Edited by Woodburner - 14 Aug 22 at 6:57pm
423zero View Drop Down
Really should get out more

Post Options Post Options   Quote 423zero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 22 at 7:18pm
Nothing today, yesterday or Friday, too hot to be bothered, just chilled for three days.
Robert
Grumpycat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Grumpycat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 22 at 7:29pm
…………….
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 22 at 7:42pm
Well the tide has gone a long way out on our lake and the weed is thick, but it’s still sailable.  There was very little wind today but by late afternoon there was just enough for he gentelest of sails.  I took a Quest out with my teenage son and it was pretty decent actually. A very pleasant way to end the weekend and cooler (literally) than sitting at home!
Sam.Spoons View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Sam.Spoons Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 22 at 9:19pm
Didn't sail today but SUP'ed and took a novice out in the Spice on Thursday, took him out again on Friday and sailed the Blaze for about 3 hours on Saturday.

Edited by Sam.Spoons - 14 Aug 22 at 9:22pm
Spice 346 "Flat Broke"
Blaze 671 "supersonic soap dish"
Do Different View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Do Different Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 22 at 5:46am
Knack all to no wind and sea fog all weekend. Biked the 8miles to the other end of the bay and back for Sunday breakfast.  
423zero View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote 423zero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 22 at 6:13am
Wow, some energetic replies, must be me I go to Florida a lot but can't stand these temperatures at home, no idea why
Robert
The Q View Drop Down
Posting king
Posting king

Post Options Post Options   Quote The Q Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 22 at 8:32am
Dinghy.. technically no as there's a keel, but at 16ft long I'm often more at home amongst them..

Yesterday Four 1 hour races in the sun, not a lot of wind.. and the tide was coming in fiercely going up river (19 miles inland by river). From the club, the start was also going up river with the wind behind. 
Interesting in one race, mixing it with 3 20ft -23 ft Keelboats round the top buoy on a 100ft wide section of river.. Sneaked through on the inside as they drifted up river..
Coming   against wind and tide... not good.. my little 100 sail area  against their 400sqft, plus trees and houses blocking the wind on the first stretch..
Still sailing in circles
Woodburner View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Woodburner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 22 at 9:08am
Originally posted by The Q

Dinghy.. technically no as there's a keel, but at 16ft long I'm often more at home amongst them..

What is it Q? Some Broads One Design? It is the broads you sail? Dave Edmund Jones (A yottie picture taker of my acquaintance) has moved up there, Facebook is alive with his pictures of the various regattas.
The Q View Drop Down
Posting king
Posting king

Post Options Post Options   Quote The Q Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 22 at 1:23pm
Not a normal mini keelboat but one I designed and built myself , between 1996 and 1999 in Saudi, for something to do.. Just as well I did as I can't sail a conventional dinghy anymore due to back problems..
sit in, lever each side of the helms seat to push or pull with the free hand for steering, self tacking jib, 16ft long, 4 ft wide, 3 ft draft, mast and boom from a Kestrel dinghy.
 The boat is still "in development" as she spent most of the time in her shed when I came back while I went Yeoman sailing.

I've just visited his pages on FB and they seem to be based down on Oulton Broad.. Not that it matters I recognise several of the characters, for instance the Broads cruiser " Wandering Rose" was moored up at Horning Sailing Club not 5 ft from my boat a few weeks back..
Horning Sailing Club (horning-sailing.club) see the video at the bottom of the HSC front page for our sailing waters

I learnt to sail on the broads  about 45 years ago, although between then and now I've lived and sailed all over the place. I always wanted to come back and made it permanently in 2001...

I'll annoy people on here about the 3 Rivers Race, Home (3rr.uk) which HSC runs and I love , 50 miles 3 bridges to go under, and you have 24 hours to do it... Two person or more Boats from 14ft to 40ft... see the videos on Facebook...
and mention our regatta week a fortnight ago.. videos also on face book.
Still sailing in circles
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 9>