FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Bike Thread Anyone?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
Author
Grumpycat View Drop Down
Far too distracted from work
Far too distracted from work

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Grumpycat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Bike Thread Anyone?
    Posted: 14 Jan 21 at 6:40pm
Mmm I am down to four bikes at the moment. I ) Van nickolas. titanium road bike  ( best bike ) 2) A Rose aliminium road bike with a top of the range group set , bought second hand . I didn’t need it , but it was such a bargain it would has been stupid not to buy it , lol . 3) A Ribble winter bike for riding in the wet , mudguards are a good idea sometimes . And last , at the moment 4) A old school mtb, a KHS Montana Comp , it was an entry level racer, no suspension anywhere but it has a lovely double butted steel frame and LX group set . I will never sell it, cost me £600 in 1995 at a time when money was tight and I worked a lot of weekend overtime to be able to buy it. I used to also have at least one other bike on the go at anyone time , as I used to ride to work and if your doing that it’s all ways best to have a bike you wouldn’t mind being stolen lol. 

Also it has to be said before this thread goes any further the answer to all cycling related questions is  N +1

Edited by Grumpycat - 14 Jan 21 at 6:48pm
Rupert View Drop Down
Really should get out more

Post Options Post Options   Quote Rupert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 21 at 7:28pm
N+1 is the answer to any kit based sport or pastime. Expecting my next pair of walking shoes to arrive tomorrow or the day after...
Firefly 2324, Puffin 229, Minisail 3446 Mirror 70686
iGRF View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote iGRF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 21 at 7:35pm
Originally posted by Do Different

Five-Os big love job, never helmed one but crewed pre monster kites. Just so right, a "proper" boat but also finger tip and for that matter toe tip responsive. 

Originally posted by 423zero

And about £35,000  Cry

The world missed a trick not adopting that Alto, a lighter, cheaper, easier to sail 5oh. I still miss it, and the company of crew of course.
Do Different View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Do Different Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 21 at 8:25pm
I dare say the Alto was a nice boat but the Osprey (and in smaller numbers the Javelin) pretty much has had that alternative to FiveO niche owned for a long while.

Oh yes also have an Orange Gringo I bought 2nd hand off a mate over 20 yrs ago.
iGRF View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote iGRF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 21 at 9:13pm
Originally posted by Do Different

I dare say the Alto was a nice boat but the Osprey (and in smaller numbers the Javelin) pretty much has had that alternative to FiveO niche owned for a long while.
Oh yes also have an Orange Gringo I bought 2nd hand off a mate over 20 yrs ago.

Ha I've still got a Gringo, paying extortionate storage costs for it amongst other kids stuff, why do we hang onto this stuff. She's never going to use it again, nor am I, what is it with hording old sh*t?
423zero View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote 423zero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 21 at 10:12pm
Memories, probably or too much bother to deal with it.
Got a GTi drive, forgot about it till you mentioned stored tat, never liked it, probably done about 50 miles from new.
Robert
turnturtle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote turnturtle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 21 at 3:22pm
I've just ordered a new MTB after the last one got nicked from a bike storage place.

A Canyon Lux, replacing an Ibis Ripley.

It's the same price as a new Laser. and tbh, totally over-spec'd for my needs and skill level, but the riding around here is insanely good.

I will get an eMTB one day, just not yet.

I also have a single-speed Charge MTB - 27.5 fattish tyres, perfect for dicking around in the park with the kids and using as my main in-city transport and the odd beach hop.
iGRF View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote iGRF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 21 at 6:44pm
I meant this to be about bikes with motors having ordered another due to lockdown boredom, going for that CCM blackout... Never even sat on it, yet paid up front, must be mad, well having mental health issues like millionaire Princes, through not being on the water.
423zero View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote 423zero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 21 at 8:41pm
Nice bike  Thumbs Up
Robert
Sam.Spoons View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Sam.Spoons Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 21 at 8:49pm
I haven't regretted selling many things, can't think of a boat, a board or a guitar but I do regret selling two vehicles, my scruffy old MX5 in 2019 and, especially, my equally scruffy 1981 GS1000. Bikes are somewhat easier to restore which could have been my lockdown project if I still had it. If I had a time machine and could reverse one deal that would be it...
Spice 346 "Flat Broke"
Blaze 671 "supersonic soap dish"
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>