FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Importing from html file

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Claire Clark View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Claire Clark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Importing from html file
    Posted: 17 Mar 14 at 9:29am
I'm looking to create a sailwave file from importing from an html file - is that possible?  If so, can someone point me in the right direction please?

Thanks

JimC View Drop Down
Really should get out more

Post Options Post Options   Quote JimC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 14 at 10:56am
I've done it in the past by using Excel (other spreadsheets are available). Paste the web page into excel and save it as csv which will go straight into Sailwave.
Claire Clark View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Claire Clark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 14 at 12:01pm
Thanks for the tip, but whenever I try that I get an "Access Denied" message??
JimC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote JimC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 14 at 12:12pm
Sounds like Excel file locking. Make sure you've closed the file in Excel - better still exit Excel completely - before you try the import into Sailwave.
Dave T View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Dave T Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 22 at 9:51pm
I created a template with all our Club info, scoring and codes.  Open it and do a SAVE AS, Then I import the competitors list (csv from regatta network), change a few dates.
All the old people (I'm 64) think it is magic that I have it ready in less than 10 minutes. I just wait for the race data from the RC and then the finish times.
the only HTML I deal with tis the results.
 Post Reply Post Reply