Please select your home edition
Edition
Henri-Lloyd - For the Obsessed
In 1932, a hearty group of sailors sharing yachting and social interest founded the South Coast Corinthian Yacht Club. They launched their handmade boats over the sands of Santa Monica beach and had their membership meetings in ocean-front cabins. The facilities were minimal, the enthusiasm was great.

A few years later, the club obtained a small meeting room located on the Santa Monica Pier. The popular boats of the day were Snipes and Six Meters. These were launched by crane at the end of the pier. By the late 1930s, SCCYC had joined the Southern California Yachting Association and sponsored the first Pacific Coast Championship Regatta in Santa Monica Bay. In 1961, SCCYC assisted in establishing the Association of Santa Monica Bay Yacht Clubs to promote and coordinate yachting activities in the bay area.

The South Coast Corinthian Yacht Club Burgee eventually found a permanent berth in the sheltered waters of Marina Del Rey. In 1966, the Board of Directors commissioned the construction of SCCYC’s first Club House on Mindanao Way. The Corinthian Club House has become a part of the the thriving marina environment. Over the past few decade, SCCYC experienced several changes, for a while, the Club moved back to its original facility overlooking “G” Basin but the redevelopment of the Marina took the club to a temporary location on fisherman’s village while the current facility was being built on Bali way, still overlooking “G” basin.
Product Feature
ZhikDry™ LT
ZhikDry™ LT