FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Club problems

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 78910>
Author
Dakota View Drop Down
Posting king
Posting king

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Dakota Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Club problems
    Posted: 05 Dec 22 at 6:31pm
Originally posted by NicolaJayne

Originally posted by Dakota

[QUOTE=JRB12]The LA, I assume have taken the word of the chair, which is not worth a jot.
Governing body have had numerous items of evidence yet claim to have nothing to do
With club matters and won’t get involved.
A process has been deliberately hindered to ensure a favourable outcome to exonerate
Someone who holds a status in the club, yet abuses their position in the club.
People have nowhere to turn so, resign as directors , where they will be liable for any misconduct.

[/QUOTE

Why was the LA involved in the first place ? 

Why wasn’t the health and safety executive involved ? 

Also why did the accused have a ‘ line manager’ . What sort of sailing club has ‘ line managers ‘? 

This situation is very very strange .

if it is a safeguarding issues the LA  would be the first point of call  

also  EHO  often  do  H+S  enforcement for smaller organisations 

voluntary  organisations  have line managemnt structures 

you are  , quite frankly, embarassing yourself  here 

Thanks but I think your last line could be seen as a little patronising   Confused
Its just it is outside of my experience. I’ve been sailing for 35 years, been a member of 5 clubs ( some small and some middle sized) and been a committee member of my current club  for 15 years and have never ever met a ‘ line manager ‘ . 
Yes I do understand why a LA COULD  be involved, I was asking why it was on this case( I had missed the post where the OP explained )  and why it appears  had no input or scrutiny of the process. Which is what the OP said happened, which seems unlikely.
My problem is not with story , its the view point the story has been related to us from . 
This story as told to us is ‘ strange ‘ on so many levels and that is my last comment on it  Smile

Edited by Dakota - 05 Dec 22 at 7:17pm
Dakota View Drop Down
Posting king
Posting king

Post Options Post Options   Quote Dakota Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 22 at 6:33pm
Originally posted by 423zero

he does that a lot, that's why his posts are checked, Nurse could you increase his meds

Thanks pal  LOL LOL LOL But I am not the only one Smile Smile Smile

Re my nurse, I will ask her to up the dosage then next time she calls .  Smile LOL

Edited by Dakota - 05 Dec 22 at 7:03pm
423zero View Drop Down
Really should get out more

Post Options Post Options   Quote 423zero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 22 at 9:13pm
Try some Laphroaig, that is calming
Robert
Dakota View Drop Down
Posting king
Posting king

Post Options Post Options   Quote Dakota Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 22 at 11:01pm

Try some Laphroaig, that is calming

Good call. But as a man with a  Northern Ireland background, Bushmill would be my whiskey of choice. Smile
423zero View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote 423zero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 22 at 1:20pm
Should we be discussing alcohol on a thread about drunken trainers sounds like a sea shanty.
Robert
Dakota View Drop Down
Posting king
Posting king

Post Options Post Options   Quote Dakota Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 22 at 3:29pm

Should we be discussing alcohol on a thread about drunken trainers sounds like a sea shanty.

As I am fairly sure neither of us are running sailing courses today so I think we are ok  LOL

turnturtle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote turnturtle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 22 at 4:10pm
ffs... Bushmills, another thing I have in common with Duncan.
Dakota View Drop Down
Posting king
Posting king

Post Options Post Options   Quote Dakota Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 22 at 5:56pm
Originally posted by turnturtle

ffs... Bushmills, another thing I have in common with Duncan.

I’ve accused you of many things over the years James, but bad taste was never one of them  Smile.

We will have to share a glass or six one of these days .  Smile
Fatboi View Drop Down
Posting king
Posting king

Post Options Post Options   Quote Fatboi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 22 at 10:19am
I love Bushmills! Discovered after reading about Sean Dillan and the Prime Minister's private army series of books! 
Dakota View Drop Down
Posting king
Posting king

Post Options Post Options   Quote Dakota Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 22 at 12:02pm
Perhaps we should have a forum meet up to test bushmills .

But maybe not at the OPs ‘ mystery’ club . 😂😂😀

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 78910>