FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

technical sailing simulators

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
wolfram View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote wolfram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: technical sailing simulators
    Posted: 12 Apr 22 at 2:41pm
I've started using Virtual Regatta inshore - I think it is going to be good for terminology, tactics and rules. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hn3weqMJ80A
Wolfram
wolfram View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote wolfram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 22 at 8:39pm
thanks  - good idea
Wolfram
Wiclif View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote Wiclif Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 22 at 7:02pm
Not a simulator as such, but if you turn the boat on its side on the land you will find that it gives you a fairly good idea what the controls do.

Support the mast on a chair or similar so that the mast is horizontal, and throw a ball onto the sail, and just experiment
wolfram View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote wolfram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 22 at 8:18am
Has anyone got any experience of sailing simulators that help to learn the basics of sail trim controls?

I'm looking for a way to practice the theory of angle of attack, camber, draught and twist using the common controls of mainsheet, kicker (vang), cunningham (downhaul), and outhaul.

I'm learning a single handed dinghy, not a superyacht with multiple sails and controls such as backstay, traveler, etc.

Wolfram
 Post Reply Post Reply