FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Travel to EU

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
CB65 View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote CB65 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Travel to EU
    Posted: 29 Jan 22 at 11:52am
I'm looking to take my dinghy together with two others (for friends who will be flying out) on a trailer to Spain for 2 weeks sailing. However, it looks like things have significantly changed since 1 Jan but all online advice seems to be pointed toward commercial and not personal movements.

I have been advised by an ATA Carnet provider for a temporary import into the EU I would need an ATA Carnet but at a cost of £400-£500 this is an expensive option.

I held an online chat with HMRC who told me I could use a duplicate list at zero cost. But looking into this the gov.uk detail infers the duplicate list would not extend to the temporary export of sailing dinghies. Also where it may assist on the re-importation into the UK, it may not avoid the requirement to lodge a monetary guarantee at an EU Border.

I would like advice on established procedures or any actual recent experience for taking a dinghy in to the EU this year, so any help appreciated.
423zero View Drop Down
Really should get out more
Really should get out more

Post Options Post Options   Quote 423zero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 22 at 4:41pm
Caravan club, state you need green card for your car and your caravan or trailer, you must have a GB sticker on rear of the car, your reciprocal health insurance will still be valid, your passport will be sufficient proof, however they state that you should still get accident and health insurance, they recommend that you have fully comprehensive insurance for caravan or trailer. Nothing on a search for contents of caravan or trailer, nothing about requiring a Carnet. Motor home towing a car, trailer and boat on trailer mentioned, but again no mention of need for Carnet.

Edited by 423zero - 29 Jan 22 at 4:43pm
Robert
sarg boland View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote sarg boland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 22 at 8:00pm
UK sticker - CC just sent me one!
Fair winds
 Post Reply Post Reply