FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Winder and Trailers?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
JimC View Drop Down
Really should get out more

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote JimC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Winder and Trailers?
    Posted: 18 Sep 21 at 10:29am
> man with car and rivet gun.

Who knows what the rules say is allowed. But even if that is allowed, add up the costs for pay, travel costs, hotel bills for the man with the car, time spent organising and contacting purchasers and so on, then consider how many - or rather how few - trailers can be done each day with the problems of getting access to trailers in locked club compounds, arranging things with owners who are getting nothing but inconvenience from this. And the owners will be put to considerable inconvenience, really they'd be morally entitled to some kind of payment and indeed some might not co-operate without.

I have no idea whether any actual useful modifications will be required to the trailers, but at 200 quid a trailer there cannot be much. Winders are paying a hell of a price for what I bet is simply an administrative messsup.

Edited by JimC - 18 Sep 21 at 10:32am
Grumpycat View Drop Down
Far too distracted from work

Post Options Post Options   Quote Grumpycat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 21 at 10:43am
Err what ever it is ,it’s not a simple admin slip up .They were selling trailers that didn’t conform to regulations, that is not a admin slip up. 
They either were doing it on purpose or they were totally incompetent. I am not sure what’s worse .

Everyone in the industry has known about the rules since 2014 and that  you need type approval.
Hell even I know it I build a trailer in my garage ,I have to have a IVA before I can use it on the road .

Edited by Grumpycat - 18 Sep 21 at 11:00pm
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 21 at 5:24pm
Why are Winder in the dock for this? They don’t build the trailers, they buy them inane sell them on.  Surely it is the OEM’s responsibility to type approve them?  
What I do know is that I have a fully compliant trailer but never use those stupid cantilever arms any more.  They are worse than useless. 
Grumpycat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Grumpycat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 21 at 6:19pm
Because they sold them , therefore it’s their job to check they have been TA .

Edited by Grumpycat - 18 Sep 21 at 6:21pm
423zero View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote 423zero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 21 at 6:43pm
My company sometimes uses outside contractors when we are really busy, customers who have issues don't want to hear about contractors, (the job was given to us), to add to this, contractors price the job cheaper because we do the guarantee work, the buck stops with the retailer.
Robert
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 21 at 8:24pm
Hmmm, if a corner shop sells a tin of soup that has salmonella in it, whose at fault, Heinz or the shop?
423zero View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote 423zero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 21 at 8:33pm
Big difference between a corner shop and a company that employs a large technical department and no unskilled staff.
Robert
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 21 at 9:04pm
Winder employ a large technical department?!
423zero View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote 423zero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 21 at 9:20pm
Don't know wasn't talking about Winder.
Robert
Grumpycat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Grumpycat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 21 at 10:52pm
Originally posted by A2Z

Hmmm, if a corner shop sells a tin of soup that has salmonella in it, whose at fault, Heinz or the shop?

If it’s a Heinz tin it’s Heinz. But what if it’s a shops own brand tin that’s been made to the the shops spec that does not conform to the law , then it’s the shops responsibility. 

Winder sold it as conforming to the law, it didn’t . It was their job to check it did , they didn’t . 
The customers contract  was with winder , not the third party manufacturer. 

There is no excuse for this , winder either did this knowingly or they were incompetent.  As I said earlier I am not sure what’s worse.  Cry

Edited by Grumpycat - 18 Sep 21 at 10:54pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>