FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Bull 7000 wanted

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>
Author
Oiler View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Oiler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Bull 7000 wanted
    Posted: 04 Aug 13 at 7:52pm
What's happened to all the Bull 7000's out there?

Would be interested in buying one.

Any one know of any sitting about for sale in the UK?
Don't mind a bit off work if the price is right.

Edited by Oiler - 04 Aug 13 at 7:53pm
laser193713 View Drop Down
Really should get out more

Post Options Post Options   Quote laser193713 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 13 at 11:23am
There are a few about that pop up from time to time, the problem is the boat itself... there's a reason it was known as the BullS***!
Oiler View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Oiler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 13 at 4:22pm
Whats the problem with them?
rb_stretch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote rb_stretch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 13 at 5:40pm
The only problem that I'm aware of, can be avoided if you make sure the washboards and hatches are closed. If not and you broach, water can too easily enter inside due to the off centre hatchways.
Corms View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote Corms Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 13 at 8:59pm
Had good fun crewing on one for a few years and a good all round boat which can sleep 4
Neil
transient View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote transient Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 13 at 12:15am
Originally posted by laser193713

There are a few about that pop up from time to time, the problem is the boat itself... there's a reason it was known as the BullS***!

??
laser193713 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote laser193713 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 13 at 9:35am
There are much better sports boats out there for the money. The fleet never took off which is why second hand boats are few and far between.
AJM View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote AJM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 13 at 7:38pm
I dont agree that there are much better boats for the money!! I have also sailed a Bull for quite a few seasons, they are great fun and easy to handle both afloat and ashore and for a sport boat they offer more comfort than most.
RussF View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote RussF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 13 at 10:56am
The Bull 7000 is an outstanding boat, there is no safety problem with the twin companionways when laid down after broaching in high wind and big seas, trust me, done it a few times in 35 knot breezes whilst planing at 18 knts + (bear away before you have to, but when you race you push it). 

I've owned Rampage 7172 for over 10years, used for cruising and racing. Just got back from Falmouth Week (220mile road trail from Southampton) won the IRC Div 1 Royal Cornwall Regatta & St Mawes Regatta, and came 2nd in two of the Windward Leeward Mini Series, not bad for a difficult IRC rating of 0.963. I also cruise regularly along south coast and think nothing of going away for a week, but usually weekends.

Boat is a blast off wind, very stable, and OK upwind (go for speed not pointing, use smaller jib to punch waves). Its a very handy club / regatta racing boat, not an IRC killer by any means, but great fun. Trade off for the accommodation is that it gets cramped tacking with 4 due to coach roof, sails very well with three, but like any small boat likes rail weight, although has good form stability

Fractional kite is great in breeze and points high on a reach (a bit of a regatta weapon), mast head kite is very controllable easy to recover and launch. Due to the canting pole you can soak it downwind in light air and get under the big gusts in breeze making very stable

I regularly sail on my own with the kids using all sails, boat has fixed toilet, decent cooker & sink arrangement. Large cockpit and double purchase on jib sheets without need to winch makes life easy. Bunks are as good as on big boats, with a double under bridge deck and large V berth up front. Engine holds away into a locker and the convenience of twin companion ways is amazing.

Hull and rig are holding up well, I have just got a new trailer this August to make better use of its trailing capability. Only week point is the lifting keel block & tackle arrangement, it works well but makes me nervous, have been thinking of a demountable crane, not so convenient but more belt and braces.

I am considering selling my Bull, if I can find something better that is raced in Solent in numbers (J-80, J-70 maybe, but they have short comings), struggling with present boats on the market which are not as good as the The Bull 7000 for all round use and trailing, with the Bull fun factor.

Greg Young the Bull 7000 designer told me over the summer that he is in discussion with a French builder to look at fresh design, although he would not change much as the design was so forward thinking anyway. Maybe carbon mast and bowsprit.

Come and have a look and a sail, I dry sail in winter from Warsash Sailing Club, use Universal Marina on The Hamble in Summer for convenience.

If you can find a well cared for Bull 7000 snap it up, they are an outstanding trailable mini cruiser / racer for sailors with spirit.

Russ

pmiles View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote pmiles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 13 at 9:16am
I have a bull 7000 for sale in immaculate condition. Has only done light
Club racing. Hav'nt advertised it as we have only just decided to sell.

Regards

Paul
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>