Print Page | Close Window

Grafham Cat Open 17-18 March 2018

Printed From: Yachts and Yachting Online
Category: Multihulls
Forum Name: Dinghy multihulls
Forum Discription: For those who prefer two (or more) hulls to one!
Printed Date: 14 Jul 20 at 9:34am
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 9.665y -

Topic: Grafham Cat Open 17-18 March 2018
Posted By: Sprint Bob
Subject: Grafham Cat Open 17-18 March 2018
Date Posted: 31 Jan 18 at 7:23pm
The rescheduled Grafham Cat Open will be held on 17/18 March.

The Notice of Race is now available on line at:" rel="nofollow -
It is open to all catamarans that are below 1.40 SHRS

Make sure that you get the dates in your diary.

Hope to see you then

Posted By: Sprint Bob
Date Posted: 22 Feb 18 at 10:09am
Enter on line before Thursday 15 March lunch time and save £5.
Also select your evening meals online.

Posted By: Sprint Bob
Date Posted: 08 Mar 18 at 4:32pm
Now the weather has got warmer it is more appealing to do the Cat Open on 17-18 March. You have 1 week to enter to save the £5 late entry fee.

Posted By: Sprint Bob
Date Posted: 14 Mar 18 at 3:55pm
This message has just been posted on the Grafham Water SC website

"This coming weekend is the scheduled re run of the 2017 Cat Open, which had to be postponed from last October because of high winds..

Unfortunately, at the time of writing this notice (Wed am) the forecasts for the weekend are again predicting gust speeds which would be too high to allow racing to take place.

We will continue to monitor the situation, and the Club in consultation with the Class Reps will make a decision as to whether the event should go ahead on Thursday afternoon.  If the decision is to cancel we will publish cancellation notices on the Club website, Facebook and Y&Y Cat forum by 1800 on Thursday evening."

Watch this space....


Posted By: Sprint Bob
Date Posted: 15 Mar 18 at 3:26pm

The Club has decided to cancel the event as the weather forecast seems to be getting worse and has posted the following message:

Over the last few days we have been monitoring the weather forecasts for this coming weekend.  The latest forecasts for both days are showing very high winds, low temperatures, a warning of snow and if anything show a worsening trend.  Against this background, we have reluctantly taken the decision to cancel this weekend’s CAT Open.   Competitors who have already entered will be entitled to a full refund.

So, regrettably, the 2017 Grafham CAT Open (this was the rescheduling of the event postponed from last October) is not to happen.  A reminder though that the 2018 event is planned for the weekend of 20/21 October when we look forward to seeing you.

Best wishes

John Aston


So it seems this event was fated.

Print Page | Close Window

Bulletin Board Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 9.665y -
Copyright ©2001-2010 Web Wiz -