Print Page | Close Window

Grafham Cat Open 21-22 October

Printed From: Yachts and Yachting Online
Category: Multihulls
Forum Name: Dinghy multihulls
Forum Discription: For those who prefer two (or more) hulls to one!
Printed Date: 26 Nov 22 at 9:16am
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 9.665y -

Topic: Grafham Cat Open 21-22 October
Posted By: Sprint Bob
Subject: Grafham Cat Open 21-22 October
Date Posted: 22 Sep 17 at 6:45pm
Just a quick reminder that it is the Grafham Cat Open on 21/22 October. It is open to all catamarans and there will be 6 races (3 back-to-back) each day. The NoR is on the Grafham website at

You save 5 by advanced booking which can be done online -" rel="nofollow -

Posted By: Sprint Bob
Date Posted: 17 Oct 17 at 4:58pm
Please see the attached posting on the Grafham Website:" rel="nofollow - ... r-outlook/

Let's hope the forecast improves...........

Posted By: Sprint Bob
Date Posted: 19 Oct 17 at 4:35pm
Dear All
In view of the high winds forecast for the weekend, the two day CAT Open at Grafham has been cancelled.  Competitors who have already entered will be entitled to a full refund.  We will look to rescheduling the event, probably in March 2018, and will be talking to Class reps about this.
We are aware that some people will already have committed to travel, and also that the forecast for Sunday is slightly less extreme than for Saturday, so some sailing may be possible on Sunday. We are therefore making the following arrangements for Sunday:
For the Sprint 15s, a four race event on a separate race track (first race 10:30)
For any others the opportunity to join in with Club Racing (four races with a break for lunch first race 11am)
The fee for both these will be 14.50.
Note however that both these are conditional on the wind being such that the lake is open for sailing
The Club bar will be open on Saturday evening but we will not be providing food.
John Aston
Tel: 07710 057616

Posted By: Sprint Bob
Date Posted: 28 Oct 17 at 12:11pm
The Grafham Cat Open that had to be postponed due to Storm Brian has been rescheduled to 17/18 March 2018.

We would be grateful if Cat Classes can put the new date on their events programmes.

Many Thanks in anticipation.
Watch this space for more information.

Posted By: Sprint Bob
Date Posted: 31 Jan 18 at 2:22pm
The rescheduled Grafham Cat Open will be held on 17/18 March.

The Notice of Race is now available on line at:" rel="nofollow -

Print Page | Close Window

Bulletin Board Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 9.665y -
Copyright ©2001-2010 Web Wiz -