FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

solo travellers at wildwind

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
rising mojo View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote rising mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: solo travellers at wildwind
    Posted: 28 May 12 at 12:39pm
any views on how suitable wildwind is for solo travellers ?. I assume that we are busy all day on the water but it there anything laid on in the evenings to include those on their own ?
simonmgreece View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote simonmgreece Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 12 at 2:13pm
Hi there, Simon Morgan, Wildwind Founder and bass player in the WW band ..occasionally when there 's no one better and usually there is.   Singles very welcome at WW, our Healthy Option programme which runs alongside and tends to attract more females than males doing yoga and so on has plenty of singles as usually does the WW sailing side.

As far as socially I think Mark Jardine at Y&Y would confirm that there's not much better - a welcome meal on Sunday, Happy hour Monday, BBQ with live music on Saturday and please check out some performances here http://offers.wildwind.co.uk/wildwinds-infamous-bbq-2010
cocktail night Thursday, Farewell meal Saturday, Zeus bar in the village in between.

We've got some special deals we are about to announce for occasional dates when we have an imbalance of seats in and out  - they'll be posted by tonight at offers.wildwind.co.uk

All best

Simon
craiggo View Drop Down
Really should get out more
Really should get out more

Post Options Post Options   Quote craiggo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 12 at 8:08pm
The wife and I went to Wildwind for the last week of the season in 2004, and there were 3 or 4 singles with us who all had a whale of a time. Everyone swaps boats with everyone during the day, and the socials are legendary. The end of season cocktail night nearly finished my wife off :)
The meals down by the harbour are great and the Zeus bar is brilliant.
I'd thoroughly recommend it. Also thinking back, the taxi ride from the airport is usually a good ice breaker as you'll end up sharing.
 Post Reply Post Reply