FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Bring back the Biff

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 151617
Author
rogue View Drop Down
Really should get out more

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote rogue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Bring back the Biff
    Posted: 21 Mar 12 at 9:34am
not likely... photos of ben are probably the only ones with significant commercial value.

bferry View Drop Down
Posting king
Posting king

Post Options Post Options   Quote bferry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 12 at 10:33am
Personally I'd prefer photos of the woman's skiff teams LOL
Bernard
Vareo 249
Miracle 2818
Malta
JimC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote JimC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 12 at 10:40am
Originally posted by bferry

Personally I'd prefer photos of the woman's skiff teams

'twould be a remarkable feat to get many of those from Weymouth.
tgruitt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote tgruitt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 12 at 11:45am
Originally posted by rogue

not likely... photos of ben are probably the only ones with significant commercial value.

Very true.
Needs to sail more...
Colin Simonds View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Colin Simonds Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 12 at 6:49pm

As the winner of the 1980 Olympic trials - after 10 plus years of passionate and focussed effort - I have some understanding of how things can boil up when the organisation goes against you after so much work - and effort.

If Competitors mess you up you have some redress, but when for example the Race Committee or protest commitee goes awol - or in my worst case the RYA went totally off the rails and forgot why they exist ( to encourage sailing not BOYCOTT it)  I know I boiled up inside.

Indeed I and I know others are still all boiled up inside every time the Olympics comes round and I am desperate to find a way to stop the RYA keeping the power to do this again.

To see more about this and please help us --  see our website and our letter to the RYA from almost all the 1980 team.
See www.nomoreRYAolympicboycotts.com and view the excellent recent article in YY about ''the team that never was'' .  We have already 400 plus votes on our petition to the RYA who as yet refuse to even meet their 1980 team to discuss this matter  -   please join us to protect future race teams.
Colin Simonds
One of 12 Winners of 1980 Olympic trials - but RYA Boycotted the 1980 Games.
Founder member 2012 Anti RYA Boycott Group.
Petition website www.nomoreRYAolympicboycotts.com
laser4000 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote laser4000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 12 at 12:08am
Originally posted by Colin Simonds

As the winner of the 1980 Olympic trials -

You've created a separate thread about this issue - why are you cross-posting (spamming) this thread too..
Colin Simonds View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Colin Simonds Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 12 at 12:24am
Not all peeps read all threads?  We need to get wide coverage to win this issue.  Sorry if it bothers you = but risking losing another Olympic team bothers me a lot .
Colin Simonds
One of 12 Winners of 1980 Olympic trials - but RYA Boycotted the 1980 Games.
Founder member 2012 Anti RYA Boycott Group.
Petition website www.nomoreRYAolympicboycotts.com
Rupert View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Rupert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 12 at 9:26pm
At least you switched the bold off on that last posting. Please leave it off, as it is difficult to read otherwise.

And by the time people have got around toclicking on the "Olympic" button, they will open the thread if it interests them. Some never get past the dinghy development thread, though!
Firefly 2324, Puffin 229, Minisail 3446 Mirror 70686
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 151617