FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Unidentified Sailing Dinghy with Needlespar Mast

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
TimT View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote TimT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Unidentified Sailing Dinghy with Needlespar Mast
    Posted: 15 Aug 11 at 10:09am
I have a 11ft fibreglass dinghy and have used Google and some other forums but so far little help on the history of this dinghy. Even emails to the manufaturer have been unanswered. For anyone that can offer anymore information - this would be much appreciated.

http://goo.gl/vGhhw

In the pictures you’ll see it has been made by “Salty Yacht Productions Ltd” (which no longer advertise boat production) and has a Needlespar mast and boom. Still can’t establish a name / type of boat.

Thanks to anyone that can help at all! Tim
Pierre View Drop Down
Really should get out more
Really should get out more

Post Options Post Options   Quote Pierre Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 11 at 11:45am
Tim I suggest you post this request on the forum at

www.cvrda.org

There is a dinghy database there as well.

TimT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote TimT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 11 at 3:17pm
Thanks -they kindly posted for me a few weeks back - again not much to feedback so far. Good news the forums have helped to date sort out my rigging although a bad back prevents much more sailing adventure beyond the one afternoon I have got her out so far.
Paul Nicholson View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Paul Nicholson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 11 at 12:02am

Another line of attack may be to identify the sailmaker's insignia and then approach the sailmaker to see if they recognise the sail insignia or sail sizes.  It is also possible that the sailmaker is local to the boatbuilder, so may be in south Wales or the west country.

Hope this helps!

Post Reply Post Reply