FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Pro-grip adhesives

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
fudheid View Drop Down
Far too distracted from work
Far too distracted from work

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote fudheid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Pro-grip adhesives
    Posted: 28 Jun 11 at 4:00pm
evo stik impact on our racks and deck - try it indoors for a good hit! 
17mika View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote 17mika Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 11 at 3:04pm
In my club we (29ers) all use 3M "safety walk" tape on gunwhales and other parts (transom in my case). I just switched from a neoprene-like antislip that was on the boat that I bought secondhand (don't know what product  was exactly) to the 3M tape and I found it awesome.
Easy on the butt for the helm and very good for crew's grip.

I just removed the old one, cleaned the surface 2 minutes with abrasive tape, and then put the new tape.

Edited by 17mika - 29 Jun 11 at 3:06pm
Billio View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Billio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 20 at 12:26pm
Just finished putting  quite a bit of non slip Pro Grip on an RS 600 using Stormoprene Contact Adhesive. This has worked incredibly well and was rather easier than I expected.  The adhesive is used mainly for manufacture of tubes ion RIBs, so it is waterproof and resilient under long term UV exposure. It is sold by Stormsure in 90g tubes as a single part. The 2 part adhesive comes in larger tins and the small bottle of activator is only essential to use if you are sticking to Hypalon (top end RIBs are made of this material). Also used the adhesive to stick up some rather old wetsuit boots until I can afford to buy some nice new ones. Here is a link to their website...https://stormsure.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=stormoprene
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12