FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

cruiser racing

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bosun Higgs View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Bosun Higgs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: cruiser racing
    Posted: 08 Mar 11 at 1:44pm
Seems to fall between stools with little coverage on YBW and as far as I can see, not much coverage here either. For someone like me who enjoys racing my cruiser through the winter, there is no one to chat to, share stories and tips, and to learn from.

So how about having a board for cruiser racing here on Y & Y?  You might even consider more magazine coverage of the topic since it is neglected by PBO/ YM/ST but maybe thats another topic for another day.
ASok View Drop Down
Really should get out more

Post Options Post Options   Quote ASok Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 11 at 2:05pm
I guess this would fit under the keelboat section of the forum.  Not much traffic on those boards though.

What do you sail and where?
blueboy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote blueboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 11 at 3:26pm
British big-boat sailors are more likely to be found on Sailing Anarchy. There's a long-running Solent thread there although it's dormant right now since Solent racing is pretty much stopped. SA, I realise, is not to everyone's taste.
Bosun Higgs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Bosun Higgs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 11 at 4:40pm
I sail a Starlight 35 in Cardiff bay where we have a mixed fleet of J boats, sports boats and a whole range of cruisers from 26 ft bilgies to Impalas and Sigmas. We race through the winter except January, and the racing tends to die down a bit in summer. The reverse of normal I guess. Not that we have big fleets at any time - 20 or so boats typically.

Been posting on YBW for many years and whilst there is a small band of cruiser racers there, its mostly cruiser chat.

I've asked the moderator to add a cruiser racer section since that would in my view help get things started, but whether he will want to do that I doi not know. Failing that I guess its the keelboat section as you suggest.
 Post Reply Post Reply