FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

laser 2 types?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
49erGBR735HSC View Drop Down
Really should get out more

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote 49erGBR735HSC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: laser 2 types?
    Posted: 01 Jun 05 at 12:53pm
Did Ian do that or was that down South? Can't believe we lost our pole by dropping it in the water, got a new one then found the old one washed up on the beach a few weeks later. Some boat eh?
Dennis Watson 49er GBR735
Helensburgh S.C
Boat Insurance from Noble Marine

lozza View Drop Down
Far too distracted from work
Far too distracted from work

Post Options Post Options   Quote lozza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 05 at 2:04pm

Think it was ian, aiming at the caravan park.

Was was the full list of replacement items on the boat?

I got a spinny pole in the eye at uni, crew was a bit overeager to drop the kite.  Same day i almost ripped a finger off on the shroud, not a pleasant day, that was the last time i sailed one!

Life's a reach, then you gybe
49erGBR735HSC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote 49erGBR735HSC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 05 at 12:29pm
Originally posted by lozza

Think it was ian, aiming at the caravan park.

Was was the full list of replacement items on the boat?

I got a spinny pole in the eye at uni, crew was a bit overeager to drop the kite.  Same day i almost ripped a finger off on the shroud, not a pleasant day, that was the last time i sailed one!

Replacement list for the 2- one kite, one kite pole, one rudder and stock, one tiller, a few extensions, countless ammounts of blocks and the Laser Centre put a new mast on her when we swapped her for the 5000. We also out of her free will put a few new sails on her and replaced all the ropes, the hull was still immaculate though. She was one seriously sorted boat and I still miss her  We only put a new mast on the 5000 and she was sorted when we sold her. The 49er has only needed a daggerboard due to a crew landing on it.

Saying that though we did really hammer the two over 4 years, remember going three sail reaching over taking 505s and the spreaders ripping off, not a nice experience and we were really screaming at that regatta till that point......gutted

Dennis Watson 49er GBR735
Helensburgh S.C
Boat Insurance from Noble Marine

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123