FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Dealing with when 1 boat is not a race

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
polc1410 View Drop Down
Posting king
Posting king

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote polc1410 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Dealing with when 1 boat is not a race
    Posted: 13 Apr 10 at 10:21pm
I've treid time and time again to find a way to do this, and have asked on sailwave's own discussion page with no success.  Found this forum and thought perhaps someone here may have come across the situation.

Our club SIs specify that one boat is not a race.  That is straighforward.  if one boat comes out and does the circuit even if the RO records their time we simply don't enter it in sailwave.

However, I complicated the SIs this year!  We have several fleets which share the same start.  I decided to call the combined start a fleet as well as each individual fleet.  So for instance we have Topaz and Mirrors on the same start.  If 3 Mirrors and 6 Topaz sail then they are two seperate races, but they are also a combined 9 boat handicap race.  Thats fine, sailwave can cope with that using ailases or by me setting them as a division within a fleet and running the scoring two different ways.

Now imagine only 1 mirror and 6 Topaz sailed.  The mirror is no longer a valid competitor in the Mirror Fleet race as its not a Race.  BUT he is a valid competitor in the handicap race.

Any suggestions how I get sailwave not to put the mirror in the race?  (it is part of a series so simply not printing the mirror results doesn't work)
sailwave View Drop Down
Sailwave Moderators
Sailwave Moderators

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote sailwave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 10 at 1:04pm
Tricky! To be honest I'm not sure how to handle it. I'll
have a think about it...
http://sailwave.com
 Post Reply Post Reply