FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Olympic coverage on the BBC

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
laser4000 View Drop Down
Really should get out more

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote laser4000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Olympic coverage on the BBC
    Posted: 11 Aug 08 at 8:23am
I agree with timeintheboat, it's definately the case that they 'choose to follow one race only' - today for example the RSX second race appears to have been postponed - but they then didn't have the flexibility to cut across to the finns or the 49ers which were still racing - shame..

Also I think there's a couple of bits missing from the coverage...

a) On the 'wide' upwind shots - i.e. featuring 10/15 boats then some graphics of letters designating GBR, NZ, ESP etc would be great (I guress technically tough as well)

b) Action replays - I would have loved to see some of the 49er incidients in a little more detail..

Also there's doesn't appear to be a commentator on the pier calling the racing for the spectators on the shore which is a real shame, hopefully they put that right for the medal race.
Xpletive View Drop Down
Far too distracted from work
Far too distracted from work

Post Options Post Options   Quote Xpletive Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 08 at 3:40pm

Having only Freeview, after this morning's load of nonsense, I've given up on it. I would imagine the coverage would please students of architecture though.

Lukepiewalker View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Lukepiewalker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 08 at 6:28pm
Whatever is sailing on Course area A is that which is being covered by the TV. Hence all the medal races are on Course A. Lasers tomorrow.
Ex-Finn GBR533 "Pie Hard"
Ex-National 12 3253 "Seawitch"
Ex-National 12 2961 "Curved Air"
Ex-Mirror 59096 "Voodoo Chile"
alstorer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote alstorer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 08 at 7:12pm
Makes sense- Course A is the one close to the shore, and I'm sure some of the camera shots seem to be long lens stuff from the hard.
Contender 541 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Contender 541 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 08 at 8:04pm

For those interested

Olympic Sailing review - Freeview Channel 302 NOW

When you find a big kettle of crazy it's probably best not to stir it - Pointy Haired Boss

Crew on 505 8780

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123