FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Pico PN

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Webmuppet View Drop Down
Really should get out more

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Webmuppet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Pico PN
    Posted: 04 Apr 06 at 10:56pm
Originally posted by Pierre

Originally posted by Webmuppet

Tack-ho, what are you on about ? Confused 

Is it such a stupid question ? - I'm not trying to query the handicap, just trying to find out what it's supposed to be. I'm not very experienced at this sailing lark but I have noticed that on the race entry forms at my local club there is a box for the PY No......I'd just like to be able to put the correct one in the box. Topper's site shows 1255 for both the Uno and Uno+ and 1240 for the Race and Race+, however, last year, race officials at my club told me that the RYA's listing shows it as 1210 (that was last year and I'm not sure if that was for the Uno or Uno Race). I just wondered where I was supposed to find out, that's all ! 

Hi WebMuppet

I think you'll find Tack-Ho is defending your position, because of the rather thoughtless and lemming like response the original question prompted.

We have the same problem with Pico PY, and considering how many there are out there, one would have thought that there may be some somewhat more solid data.  Anybody have any club PY's for the Pico?

Are you sure ?.......I certainly didn't feel very defended ! Ouch.........it just sounded grumpy and unhelpful to me. Apologies if I've misunderstood Confused. I didn't realise that such a simple question would get such a cryptic response.

Thank-you Rupert, I think the Y&Y Nos. were out of date as well, however I'll check with my club to see if they have a more complete listing from the RYA. Apologies for my ignorance, I just thought that the info would be more readily available i.e. on the web,

regards

Edited by Webmuppet
I am the milkman of human kindness, I will leave an extra pint (Billy Bragg)

Graduate 2530 'Galaxy'
tack'ho View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote tack'ho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 06 at 8:03am

Originally posted by Pierre

Tack-ho, what are you on about ? Confused 

Is it such a stupid question ? - I'm not trying to query the handicap, just trying to find out what it's supposed to be. I'm not very experienced at this sailing lark but I have noticed that on the race entry forms at my local club there is a box for the PY No......I'd just like to be able to put the correct one in the box. Topper's site shows 1255 for both the Uno and Uno+ and 1240 for the Race and Race+, however, last year, race officials at my club told me that the RYA's listing shows it as 1210 (that was last year and I'm not sure if that was for the Uno or Uno Race). I just wondered where I was supposed to find out, that's all ! 

Hi WebMuppet

I think you'll find Tack-Ho is defending your position, because of the rather thoughtless and lemming like response the original question prompted.

We have the same problem with Pico PY, and considering how many there are out there, one would have thought that there may be some somewhat more solid data.  Anybody have any club PY's for the Pico?

Are you sure ?.......I certainly didn't feel very defended ! Ouch.........it just sounded grumpy and unhelpful to me. Apologies if I've misunderstood Confused. I didn't realise that such a simple question would get such a cryptic response.

Thank-you Rupert, I think the Y&Y Nos. were out of date as well, however I'll check with my club to see if they have a more complete listing from the RYA. Apologies for my ignorance, I just thought that the info would be more readily available i.e. on the web,

regards

Thank you Pierre, I could have used the quote function but i was trying not to attack anyone in paticular and was trying to head off what would usually have followed a sensible question by webmuppet.

ps. can we get a emocotion for sarcasm?

I might be sailing it, but it's still sh**e!
Phat Bouy View Drop Down
Posting king
Posting king

Post Options Post Options   Quote Phat Bouy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 06 at 1:51pm
Sailwave gives the PY for the Pico as 1259 for 1 up with 1 sail and 1263 for 2 up with 2 sails.
Je suis Marxiste - tendance Groucho
scottishgem View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote scottishgem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 06 at 9:27pm
cool, just thought id find out, not for me but for my 'sometimes' crew, (my other half works shifts so when he's not available i rope my mate in to crew our 420) the poor soul gets lapped by everyone in a pico and i feel guilty!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12