FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Far sighted, or dumb?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author
Cirrus View Drop Down
Really should get out more

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Cirrus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Far sighted, or dumb?
    Posted: 11 Jul 22 at 6:49pm
.......I somehow can’t see RS allowing Try a Blaze day at the Aero nationals!

Quite possibly not - but I'm sure the Blaze CA (and a few others) would be very happy to co-ordinate / collaborate if requested.... a bit more notice next time would help but then there is always next year... Wink   PS - I've been loaned an Aero by their organisers to try in an Open in the past after all and appreciated the gesture.

Edited by Cirrus - 11 Jul 22 at 6:50pm
turnturtle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote turnturtle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 22 at 10:31am
Originally posted by Grumpycat

Ps I can only hope the lurker on here that instead of engaging in discussion over my earlier comments about Draycote decided to pass them on to the club committee. Decides to pass on this positive comment too .  LOL

wasn't me Duncan...  it's a great place, plenty of options for everyone, but I wouldn't pass your criticisms on to any old contacts, no point, they're here to see for everyone anyway.

I still see some updates from the club via various social media outlets, the committee were outstanding through covid, and iirc, much of their work regarding this was then disseminated via the RYA to help other clubs out.  

Anyway, nice to see the RS Aero building some numbers there.  Back in the day, I'd have loved to have seen that with the D-Zero, but whatever, the Aero is clearly filling the obvious space Draycote had for an alternative to Lasers and Solos - good luck to it- as a follow on from the Topper, it makes total sense.  
Grumpycat View Drop Down
Far too distracted from work

Post Options Post Options   Quote Grumpycat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 22 at 2:25pm
I knew it wasn’t you , James .  Smile
Mozzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Mozzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 22 at 2:33pm
junior class associations don't really have the power to retain sailors due to the demographic. But if they show to be a solid foundation to learning racing and staying in the sport then that will help attract the next generation. Giving the kids a good steer on options for staying in the sport is all part of this. 

The same goes for the youth classes really. For instance I was asked to talk to 29er sailors about my post 9er sailing and there wasn't any issues about the links to the 200s and 800s. 

I also know the 800s have sent demo boats to 29er class events before and would look to again. 
turnturtle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote turnturtle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 22 at 3:42pm
Originally posted by Grumpycat

I knew it wasn’t you , James .  Smile

LOL thanks, just checking!!  Back off to lurk for a bit.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234