FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Is speed in the head or the hull?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
fab100 View Drop Down
Really should get out more

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote fab100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Is speed in the head or the hull?
    Posted: 07 Apr 22 at 10:34am
Originally posted by davidyacht

The only mod I would make is "Cover up the last beat" - I often regret not doing so

From what I recall, it was not unknown for you to cover some of us up the first beat, back in the day
iGRF View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote iGRF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 22 at 10:36am
It's true, there's something really wrong with me, Covid has totally killed my sense of humour, haven't had a laugh or more important a drink in two weeks, things are getting desperate.
fab100 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote fab100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 22 at 10:49am
Originally posted by iGRF

It's true, there's something else now really wrong with me, Covid has totally killed my sense of humour, haven't had a laugh or more important a drink in two weeks, things are getting desperate.

FTFY   LOL
davidyacht View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote davidyacht Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 22 at 11:20am
Originally posted by fab100

Originally posted by davidyacht

The only mod I would make is "Cover up the last beat" - I often regret not doing so

From what I recall, it was not unknown for you to cover some of us up the first beat, back in the day

Harsh but fair ... times change
Happily living in the past
iGRF View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote iGRF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 22 at 11:39am
Can't say covering was, or indeed is, in my arsenal of tricks, I guess because it was so easily broken or used for tactical advantage in windsurfing (free off a little and dive into the biggest header you can find). I accept maybe covering a wing of the course if they look like they maybe headed into lucks way, but all I see is your course being directed by others, which can be wrong more often than it's right. And anyway I can never do it properly so dont' try just make sure I sail the shortest route to the finish and the other guy doesn't, not always possible I agree, but I hate the very act. Ever since a guy dropped his last race at the 1980 Nationals sailed above the line just to sail his nearest competitor down the fleet in order to secure a third place, a typical RYA sqauddie indeed went on to become a National Coach, everything bad about sailing conatined in just that manouevre, no place for it in Windsurfing I felt at the time.
423zero View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote 423zero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 22 at 12:11pm
Been on NHS website, being sensible isn't one of the side effects, looks grim
Robert
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123