FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

lighting board

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author
SalsaPirates View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote SalsaPirates Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: lighting board
    Posted: 12 Feb 24 at 11:17am
Thanks, my question is specially for trailing on the continent. Can I get away with Pintle hung or do I need to retrofit arms onto my trailer if heading for say Lake Garda?
Sam.Spoons View Drop Down
Really should get out more

Post Options Post Options   Quote Sam.Spoons Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 24 at 11:19am
When was your trailer built? Does it have fixings for trailer board poles?

It's really hard, as I guess you know Censored, to find clear information. But I've found the following (which may or may not be useful to somebody in the future) and it seems a waste not to post it :-

You don't need to register a trailer less than 750kg to use it in EU (from .gov so is good info).

As a visitor you should* be fine towing abroad as long as your trailer is under 750kg and conforms to the relevant UK regs.

If your trailer was built after about 2002 (I seems impossible to find the date the new EU regs came in) you must use the poles to mount the lighting board**, if you trailer doesn't have fixings for the poles it's pretty safe to assume it was built before they were a requirement and you will be ok in the UK.

* This is anecdotal so, while worth mentioning, may not be 100% reliable.

** My Blaze trailer does not have fixings for poles and the boat was new in 2002. I think I would continue to use the pintle mounted board in the UK if I bought a boat with a newer trailer but would accept that there is a small risk go getting a pull from the boys in blue.

Edited by Sam.Spoons - 12 Feb 24 at 11:54am
Spice 346 "Flat Broke"
Blaze 671 "supersonic soap dish"
423zero View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote 423zero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 24 at 1:04pm
If the trailer has fixed lights and the boat doesn't extend more than a metre past the lights you don't need anything else.
Robert
Sam.Spoons View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Sam.Spoons Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 24 at 2:26pm
Yup that would certainly work for an Oppi or Topper on a box trailer.
Spice 346 "Flat Broke"
Blaze 671 "supersonic soap dish"
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234