FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Apollo Duck

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Medway Maniac View Drop Down
Really should get out more

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Medway Maniac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Apollo Duck
    Posted: 25 Nov 19 at 4:22pm
I have been advertising a boat on Apollo Duck for some time, and have only recently discovered a bunch of messages from potential buyers in my inbox on the A.D. site of which  I was never notified.  My query over this was never answered by A.D.

Moreover, I have also just discovered from an enquirer who took the trouble to e-mail me through an advert on another site, that my reply to his message to me on A.D. (one of those I found by chance in my inbox) was never delivered by the site.

All this makes me wonder why I'm paying A.D. to display my boat on their site.  Has anyone had similar experiences?  If you've not had much response to your ad., maybe sign into your A.D. account and check your inbox...
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 19 at 4:32pm
My ad is still up years after selling the boat! And I still get enquiries about it...
Rupert View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Rupert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 19 at 4:37pm
Originally posted by A2Z

My ad is still up years after selling the boat! And I still get enquiries about it...

You can take them down yourself?

OP, though, I can't help with. Wonder if it ever happened to me, though.
Firefly 2324, Puffin 229, Minisail 3446 Mirror 70686
Sam.Spoons View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Sam.Spoons Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 19 at 4:47pm
I got accused of being a business seller and all my 90+ credits deleted, this despite advertising only 7 items in a 6 year period! They did eventually answer my emails asking them to resolve the situation and said that I go ahead and place my free ads but but by the time they did I had sold the gear I was wanting to advertise. They haven't returned my free ad credits though so I don't know what will happen when I next try to sell something.
Spice 346 "Flat Broke"
Blaze 671 "supersonic soap dish"
Late starter View Drop Down
Far too distracted from work

Post Options Post Options   Quote Late starter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 19 at 11:37am
Must admit I have bought and sold probably 7 or 8 boats using AD over the past few years and never had an issue. Yes messages come into an AD inbox but I've also received a notification to my  personal email account so I've never (that I know of!) missed an enquiry. 
fleaberto View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote fleaberto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 19 at 12:17pm
As above.

I've bought & sold quite happily on Duck. Any messages have gone into my AD inbox and received notifications of messages in my own personal email box.
Maybe notifications have been going to a spam folder?
Either way, all been good for me over the last few years.
Lightning368 'All the Gear' (409), Lightning368 'Sprite' (101), Laser (big number) 'Yellow Jack', RS Vareo (432)'The Golden Rays'
Medway Maniac View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Medway Maniac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 19 at 12:26pm
Originally posted by Late starter

Must admit I have bought and sold probably 7 or 8 boats using AD over the past few years and never had an issue. Yes messages come into an AD inbox but I've also received a notification to my  personal email account so I've never (that I know of!) missed an enquiry. 

Likewise for me with previous ads.  Notifications seem to have started happening with this one now (after several months)...
jeffers View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote jeffers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 19 at 3:37pm
Not had an issue with AD, sold my D-Zero through it recently. Got the notifications of messages to my main email.

Some other email providers (hotmail/outlook.com) are far too strict on their spam policies though and many valid messages get junked before they even make is as far at your email address.
Paul
----------------------
D-Zero GBR 74
 Post Reply Post Reply