FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Contender trapeze length

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Zen Dog View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Zen Dog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Contender trapeze length
    Posted: 24 Sep 18 at 6:08pm
Hi. I am restoring an older Contender dinghy that has been in mothballs for 10+ years. I have completed all the hard work and I’m just putting it all back together and getting rigged up.
I am wondering how long I should make the trapezes and how much length adjustment I need? I want to do as much as I can in the garden before getting afloat!
Grateful for all advice.
ZD
The Glory of the Ride
E.J. View Drop Down
Posting king
Posting king

Post Options Post Options   Quote E.J. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 18 at 8:32pm
Hello Zen,

The trapeze rings should hover about 2cm above the side deck ( at the elastic point) when the adjustments is at its lowest. The highest point is just below the handle so it should be based on a comfortable arm reach up. Lye on the bed and extend your arm at 45 degrees up, the distance down to where the hook would be is the adjuster length minus the handle and cleat. You can add coarse adjustment above the handle for raising the entire adjustment in light conditions. I just use 15cm of knotted rope through the trapeze line for this. Of course if you have wires then your top point is fixed anyway.
Zen Dog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Zen Dog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 18 at 7:11am
Excellent reply. Thanks for the advice.
ZD
The Glory of the Ride
 Post Reply Post Reply