FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

ISAF November Conference 2012

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
iGRF View Drop Down
Really should get out more

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote iGRF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ISAF November Conference 2012
    Posted: 10 Nov 12 at 4:37pm
Is that the line up for 2020?
ellistine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote ellistine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 12 at 4:38pm

Edited by ellistine - 10 Nov 12 at 4:38pm
iGRF View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote iGRF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 12 at 4:44pm
What? The RSX is back in?
ellistine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote ellistine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 12 at 4:45pm
Yep. RSX in, Kite out for 2016.
iGRF View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote iGRF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 12 at 5:00pm
Geez that's an unexpected U-Turn, I wonder how that happened, are they considering kite for 2020? WHich is what should have happened in the first place, to give it time to develop an infrastructure..
ellistine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote ellistine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 12 at 5:07pm
I heard they're replacing RS:X for SUP in 2019.
rodney View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote rodney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 12 at 7:29pm
ISAF has made unprecedented decisions today. The new president of ISAF is Carlo Croce (ITA). I believe he will be an outstanding president that will move the sport forward in a way never seen before. This vision is one I've shared with him for months before, with your views. This is a day that has brought me much emotion.

With new strong leadership I hope we will ensure that all athletes have a stable platform to invest their dreams. The Windsurfing and Kiting decision was one of high difficulty. I hated being here everyday this week, but I had to fight for what I believe was best for the sport. We should not celebrate, we have been placed against an outstanding sport of Kiting and their loss is no ones gain.

The General Assembly voted and with a large majority and selected the RSX ...
windsurfer the 51% was out of all the General Assembly members even the many that abstained. This shows how strong windsurfing is worldwide, and I am so proud that the Techno and youth still have an event to dream and train for with passion I can admire.

To remove an event at such a short time is extraordinarily disappointing. My heart goes out to every kiter in the world for their exceptional display and kindness they brought to ISAF. I hope to work with you closely so that in the 2014 Olympic events decision you can be added into the Olympic program for 2020.

Edited by rodney - 10 Nov 12 at 7:31pm
Rodney Cobb
Suntouched Sailboats Limited
http://www.suntouched.co.uk
[EMAIL=rodney@suntouched.co.uk">rodney@suntouched.co.uk
Jon Emmett View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Jon Emmett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 12 at 9:52pm
The vote was 51 to 40 in favour of the Windsurfer. 
Smithy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Smithy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 12 at 8:06am
Amazingly shambolic process - so after all the committees spend ages working up a logical framework, then the full Council which meets every six months randomly overturns what they've come up with, then it turns out the 4 yearly get together of the "General Assembly" gets to overturn any of it all over again, any way it likes! Whether you agree or not with the final decision, it's no way to run a sport. My heart goes out to all those people trying to plan a career in "boards" of one type or another, they've been seriously mucked about by ISAF
JimC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote JimC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 12 at 8:39am
Its pretty typical of a parliamentary democratic type approach. National government doesn't work much differently.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>