FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Anyone with Noble Marine?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
GybeFunny View Drop Down
Far too distracted from work

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote GybeFunny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Anyone with Noble Marine?
    Posted: 21 Sep 12 at 10:33am
Originally posted by Contender443

I am not with Noble as they are much more expensive than Insurance 4 Dinghies. I do not intend to claim and if I do I would not expect to claim very often.

I thought the same at my last renewal, been with insurance4dinghies for a few years now as its half the price of Noble. I had my first claim with them recently and the process isnt anywhere near as good as my previous experience with Noble. I4d don’t have a list of approved repairers, instead you must take it to a repairer who must give a written quote, then they wont start work until i4d approve, this takes a few days. My claim involves a 3rd party who was at fault so I have had to fill in a tonne of forms for the i4d legal partner, these people ask such silly questions for what was a port/starboard incident. I4d have paid for the bulk of the repair costs but I am still out of pocket my excess 3 months after filling in the first form!
I have dealt with noble in the past who dealt with everything and paid the repairer direct so I was never out of pocket.
Given this experience I will think long and hard about switching back to noble at my next renewal.
Contender443 View Drop Down
Really should get out more

Post Options Post Options   Quote Contender443 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 12 at 10:47am
Gybe funny but is the Noble experience worth double the price? Dinghy sailors should not expect to claim as often as they do. I wonder why some insurers pay out for what is clearly a wear and tear issue. Is it just cheaper for them to pay out rather than go to the expense of investigating the claim?

I think we should provide this feedback to I4d so they can improve their service or we just live with it as we only claim infrequently.
Bonnie Lass Contender 1764
GybeFunny View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote GybeFunny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 12 at 4:28pm
Originally posted by Contender443

Gybe funny but is the Noble experience worth double the price? Dinghy sailors should not expect to claim as often as they do. I wonder why some insurers pay out for what is clearly a wear and tear issue. Is it just cheaper for them to pay out rather than go to the expense of investigating the claim?

I think we should provide this feedback to I4d so they can improve their service or we just live with it as we only claim infrequently.

Thats why I said I would think long and hard at my next renewal, I will have to decide then if its worth double the price at the time. I suspect come renewal in April my thoughts about the service may have mellowed a bit....
I will definitely feedback to i4d once this claim is all over.
pondmonkey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote pondmonkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 12 at 5:29pm
Agree with Mark- a lot of dinghy sailors claim all the time.  Quite frankly snapping a top section of a Laser mast and breaking the luff tube as a result is WEAR and TEAR, not an 'accident'.  
craiggo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote craiggo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 12 at 6:28pm
You are of course right. Too many people claim for things that they ought to just go out and replace themselves. If the clutch cable breaks on your car, you don't go and claim a new one on the insurance, you either fix it or you get a garage to fix it. Genuine breakages caused by racing incidents should be covered but there is a whole heap of stuff that I am often surprised is covered.

Edited by craiggo - 21 Sep 12 at 10:53pm
Neptune View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Neptune Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 12 at 8:46pm

Edited by Neptune - 22 Sep 12 at 9:32am
Musto Skiff and Solo sailor
craiggo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote craiggo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 12 at 10:52pm
Of course, I shall edit my previous post as I was being thick!
Neiljbg View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Neiljbg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 12 at 8:24pm
Should point out that Noble Marine do support classes by providing a percentage of insurance premium payments to relevant classes. For a small class association like ours (Laser 5000) that is about 25% of our yearly income. They maybe more expensive than some but you get what you pay for......
winging it View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote winging it Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 12 at 9:22pm
well, I am about to test Mr Langford's patience with my second claim for a new kestrel mast this year.  That being said, I will not be claiming for the hole in the side deck which I can fix myself, nor (hopefully) for the bent centreboard which I am hoping can be put back into shape.  Nor did I claim when the rig was ripped out of my little I moth, as I am also fixing that myself.  Nobles know I do this sort of thing, and therefore keep my premium pretty low.
the same, but different...

Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 15 at 12:09pm
I've been racing since the early 70's, during which time I've made no significant claims with Noble or any other insurance company. However, having recently put in a minor claim, it is evident Noble Marine is not the company it was in Richard Langford's day and I for one will be placing my future business elsewhere. I'm quite disgusted that they should quibble over £14.60 (particularly given the thousands I've shelved out in premiums over the years) and then have the arrogance to send a cheque as a fait accompli. For decades I've recommended M.A.Noble / Noble Marine to others and taken the view that the higher premiums they charge were more than compensated by a no-nonsense approach and above-average customer service. Well, I now hold the view that's a myth. I certainly won't be attending any events that are associated with Noble Marine in the future. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12