FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Stolen Laser kit this weekend

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Scooby_simon View Drop Down
Really should get out more

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Scooby_simon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Stolen Laser kit this weekend
    Posted: 03 Sep 05 at 9:02am
Mate sais that if you have glass cover; ALL glass is covered; this will be costing the insurance 60 quid per pane (approx) and so you might be able to negotiate.
Wanna learn to Ski - PM me..
Scooby_simon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Scooby_simon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 05 at 11:57pm
Originally posted by Sarah B

Thanks for all your messages.

Boat insurance has been fab, so aside from my tool kit which I can't claim for I have a new sail & foils and new sailing clobber so at least I can get on the water at last.

The car insurance is more pants as they wanted to write off the car as the windows were going to cost so much. So I am going to have to fork out for 3 new windows.

Hopefully however I will still be able to travel to events soon.

Sarah,

I am trying to get hold of a mate who runs an insurance brokers to check up on the rules about Glass cover (I assume you were Third pty fire and theft). 

There may be a other avenues for you to explore before you pay out for the glass.

I'll hopefully know an answer by the end of the weekend

Edited by Scooby_simon
Wanna learn to Ski - PM me..
Sarah B View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote Sarah B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 05 at 10:38pm

Thanks for all your messages.

Boat insurance has been fab, so aside from my tool kit which I can't claim for I have a new sail & foils and new sailing clobber so at least I can get on the water at last.

The car insurance is more pants as they wanted to write off the car as the windows were going to cost so much. So I am going to have to fork out for 3 new windows.

Hopefully however I will still be able to travel to events soon.

Edited by Sarah B
A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.
Iain C View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Iain C Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 05 at 3:46pm
That is a real arse.  Sometimes you hear of toolboxes or wetsuits/lifejackets going missing and you assume it's some scumbag who's nicked someone's jetski and needs to kit to go out in.  But the fact it's proper boat bits sucks.  Hope you find it...
RS700 GBR922 "Wirespeed"
Fireball GBR14474 "Eleven Parsecs"
Enterprise GBR21970
Bavaria 32 GBR4755L "Adastra"
Noble Marine View Drop Down
Posting king
Posting king

Post Options Post Options   Quote Noble Marine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 05 at 2:48pm
Originally posted by Jon Emmett

Sarah it would be worth putting something on www.stolenboats.org.uk

The theft has been added to StolenBoats.org.uk.

Guest View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Guest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 05 at 2:04pm

Bummer ... I'd be checking on eBay if I were you.

String the buggers up if you catch 'em

Harry44981! View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Harry44981! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 05 at 11:55am
I saw something on BBC news about 5 rnli boats coming to the hartlepool & tees qualifier?
Sarah B View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote Sarah B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 05 at 6:08pm

Thanks Jon, good idea. I have informed the insurance company and they will notify the stolenboats website.

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.
Jon Emmett View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Jon Emmett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 05 at 3:15pm

Sarah it would be worth putting something on www.stolenboats.org.uk

KnightMare View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote KnightMare Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 05 at 12:46pm
Yeah i feel sorry for you especialyt before the qualifiers. We had our car broken into when it was behind locked gates and attatched to the caravan we were sleeping in  neways they only stole my sis's keys her watch and a multimeter
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>