FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Did Ainslie really hit the mark?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
CurlyBen View Drop Down
Really should get out more

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote CurlyBen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Did Ainslie really hit the mark?
    Posted: 04 Aug 12 at 6:47pm
Originally posted by blueboy

Ben would have been well advised to keep his mouth shut about this in public. He's not doing himself favours in terms of fund raising for "Ben Ainslie Racing".
That was my first reaction, but then the cynic kicked in and I'm not so sure. Those comments led to the only article on the Olympic sailing I've seen in mainstream media (not that I've really been looking). Same thing with the media boat incident. It gets his name known and his picture seen by more people and ultimately sponsors are looking for maximum exposure.
RS800 GBR848
Weston SC
ASok View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote ASok Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 12 at 7:28pm
Originally posted by blueboy

[QUOTE=JimC]

Ben would have been well advised to keep his mouth shut about this in public. He's not doing himself favours in terms of fund raising for "Ben Ainslie Racing".

Why? I think his media advisers would be really pleased with him. As above, his 'you don't want to make me angry'  soundbite is a real headline grabber. Its going to do him the world of good.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12