FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Text commentary

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
alstorer View Drop Down
Really should get out more

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote alstorer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Text commentary
    Posted: 27 Jul 12 at 1:04pm
Should be on Freesat as well (look for Channels "BBC Olympics 1-24") For those of us on Freeview, it'll be the main programmes on BBC 1 and BBC3 plus two "red button" channels.
-_
Al
GybeFunny View Drop Down
Far too distracted from work
Far too distracted from work

Post Options Post Options   Quote GybeFunny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 12 at 11:00am
I have been looking at the schedules to see what is on Freeview but didnt find anything. Are these 24 BBC channels on sky available to those on freesat?
ASok View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote ASok Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 12 at 10:34am
On twitter I am currently following Stephen Park (RYA Olympic Manager) @Sparky_rya

He was recommended ages ago and does post some good updates. I'm not sure how good his tweets will be during the races though. 

I also follow a few competitors, but I gather they will be a bit busy during the race. Good for post race reaction though

I follow a football and rugby team and they have dedicated tweeters - basically just a media grad with an ipad. There must be something similar for the sailing, but I don't know who it is

Edited by ASok - 27 Jul 12 at 10:35am
alstorer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote alstorer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 12 at 9:36am
As far as I understand it, the BBC will be broadcasting pretty much every race- via one of BBC Olympics 1-24 for anyone on Sky or Virgin, and the internet for everyone (UK only). It won't always have commentary however.

Also, at work, it's pretty hard to surreptiously watch video streams. This is why "live text" commentary has become quite popular with many sports- the Guardian being a leading outlet with generally  entertaining coverage of football, cricket, cycling etc. But I doubt they'll be doing the sailing events. Does anyone know of anyone that will be, be it a website or on on twitter?
-_
Al
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12