FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Olympic sailing On TV

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Olympic sailing On TV
    Posted: 04 Jul 12 at 10:03pm
Thanks Rodney, I shall look into that. I have a dish, which must be a start.
Sam.Spoons View Drop Down
Really should get out more

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Sam.Spoons Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 16 at 10:50am
I'm on hols in North Wales, dodgy free view, no dish and dodgy mobile internet. I guess I'm doomed. I can't find any sailing in the schedules except a vague promise to screen some of the medal races live, but no hint as to channel or RB stream (and I only have RB1 & 2 here anyway).
iGRF View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote iGRF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 16 at 12:26pm
Well I managed to red button into the ladies radial and watched our two blunder out of the start line like rank amateurs, don't they teach big fleet start line technique to girlies, honestly all that way to get your self third rank boxed out of the committee boat end, who does that?

It is the most boring TV long waits of crowd viewing, camera operated by some retarded zoom monkey. I almost gave up waiting, nobody bar nobody but an enthusiast sailor would wait for that. The RSX's were racing Nick dempsey had a couple of bullets and was leading the third, did we get any coverage? No, they focussed on girlie Briony who also made the most appalling start ever and tanked as a result.

So tonight 5 pm we're promised Giles the Finn man who I'm told is a racing certainty by one of the moronic commentators, that will have immediately jinxed the poor fellow so I'll not hold my breath of him getting away clean, there was a fair bit of tide running I do so hope he knows his tidal stuff, the complete incompetences that were going on in the Laser fleet illustrated a lack of it earlier, do they teach it in dinghy school I wonder, they certainly don't to seem to teach any other basic tactical stuff.
Lukepiewalker View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Lukepiewalker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 16 at 2:03pm
I watched it on the website. First two mens rsx races and then the second radial race live.
The details of which races are getting live coverage are on the isaf website notices to competitors page.

http://www.sailing.org/olympics/rio2016/results/notices/notices.php

Ex-Finn GBR533 "Pie Hard"
Ex-National 12 3253 "Seawitch"
Ex-National 12 2961 "Curved Air"
Ex-Mirror 59096 "Voodoo Chile"
blueboy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote blueboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 16 at 4:55pm
Originally posted by Lukepiewalker

I watched it on the website.

Which website?
iGRF View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote iGRF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 16 at 6:21pm
Well Giles Finnboy was jinxed as I expected, somebody needs to brief these commentator morons about sailing superstitions.
Fatboi View Drop Down
Posting king
Posting king

Post Options Post Options   Quote Fatboi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 16 at 7:15pm
Originally posted by iGRF

Well Giles Finnboy was jinxed as I expected, somebody needs to brief these commentator morons about sailing superstitions.

If Ian Walker is a moron I don't know what that makes the rest of the armchair sailors here....!!
iGRF View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote iGRF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 16 at 7:39pm
If he's the one that said Giles Finnboy was a racing certainty yesterday then yes, he's a moron.
Fatboi View Drop Down
Posting king
Posting king

Post Options Post Options   Quote Fatboi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 16 at 9:00am
LOL
JimC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote JimC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 16 at 9:18am
What's the difference between a certainty and a racing certainty?

I submit the knowledge that in racing something can always go wrong.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>