FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Olympic sailing On TV

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Cameron Winton View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Cameron Winton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Olympic sailing On TV
    Posted: 02 Jul 12 at 10:49pm
Now getting saturation trailers on the TV for the Olympics with the footie finishing. Anyone any idea what the sailing TV schedule is ?
alstorer View Drop Down
Really should get out more

Post Options Post Options   Quote alstorer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 12 at 9:05am
As I understand it, almost all the sailing will be shown live on one of the 26 digital (mainly online-only) channels, though much without commentary (the same goes for other sports). They've not published detailed schedules for BBC1/BBC2/the three Freeview "red button" channels/the further cable/satelite channels yet
-_
Al
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 12 at 10:05am
Am I the only person in Britain with a broadband connection that is so slow that I can't watch iPlayer, Youtube etc? Its all very well putting it online, but the infrastructure to watch it doesn't exist here (and I'm only 12 miles from Bristol, not on some remote island).

So frustrating!
Pierre View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Pierre Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 12 at 10:20am
Dear Peaky
Yes you are
Smile
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 12 at 10:27am
Dear Pierre,

jeffers View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote jeffers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 12 at 12:19pm
Red button coverage should be available through freeview/freesat though thus taking out the need for a reliable internet connection.....
Paul
----------------------
D-Zero GBR 74
Contender443 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Contender443 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 12 at 1:21pm
Originally posted by jeffers

Red button coverage should be available through freeview/freesat though thus taking out the need for a reliable internet connection.....
That is OK unless you are in Tyne Tees or Northern Ireland and your TV comes from a relay transmitter.
Bonnie Lass Contender 1764
Oli View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Oli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 12 at 3:39pm
if you have freesat youre in luck as they are broadcasting 24 extra HD channels for the olympics and sailing is bound to be on one of them.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/rogermosey/2012/04/since_the_start_of_our.html
dics View Drop Down
Far too distracted from work
Far too distracted from work

Post Options Post Options   Quote dics Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 12 at 4:27pm
rodney View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote rodney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 12 at 5:29pm
Originally posted by Peaky

Am I the only person in Britain with a broadband connection that is so slow that I can't watch iPlayer, Youtube etc? Its all very well putting it online, but the infrastructure to watch it doesn't exist here (and I'm only 12 miles from Bristol, not on some remote island).

So frustrating!

We have satellite broadband!!   Works a treat even using Skype  Smile

If it helps I can put you on to our suppliers and no I am not on commision  Wink
Rodney Cobb
Suntouched Sailboats Limited
http://www.suntouched.co.uk
[EMAIL=rodney@suntouched.co.uk">rodney@suntouched.co.uk
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>