FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Treasure Hunt

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
4ply View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote 4ply Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Treasure Hunt
    Posted: 19 May 12 at 9:26pm
Evening Forum,

Has anyone set a treasure hunt on water? I like the idea but I've really no idea how it might be done! This will be a family event for mixed ability on a small lake with large fixed cans.

What have you got for me?

Ta!
Contender 705
radixon View Drop Down
Really should get out more
Really should get out more

Post Options Post Options   Quote radixon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 12 at 4:48pm
for the kids doing courses we have put boat parts onto bouys just using avery style labels but not sure how to make it into a treasure hunt though.
r2d2 View Drop Down
Far too distracted from work
Far too distracted from work

Post Options Post Options   Quote r2d2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 12 at 10:33pm
make different buoys / fixed marks worth different amounts of points (the furtherest ones away worth more) and then give the crews a fixed total time to collect as many points as possible (Minus so many points for each minute late back to base).  They can chose any route and order to visit the marks. You could use gps to verify the routes sailed and no of points collected, or ask crews to collect some info from each mark visited (e.g what symbol is stuck to the mark) or just self policing.  have fun

Edited by r2d2 - 20 May 12 at 10:35pm
tb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote tb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 12 at 12:11am
have them go to marks and collect plastic bottles with symbols/letters in them. These can spell out a word. You could attach the bottles to the marks with really thin nylon or something to stop them floating away but it will just break if pulled.
skylark12 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote skylark12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 12 at 6:29pm
This may not work for you as we do one on an estuary but each boat is given a clue which leads to an object like an anchored dinghy, some are on shore and some are on land. At object there is another clue and a number. when all of them are collected the numbers form the code to unlock a box full of sweets.
4ply View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote 4ply Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 12 at 7:40pm
Hmm.  Plently to make use of there! I will formulate my plan and get back to you.  Thenks for your support one and all.

AB
Contender 705
 Post Reply Post Reply