FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Laser Bug Question

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
tom26 View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote tom26 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Laser Bug Question
    Posted: 18 May 12 at 11:48am
Hi

Am hoping someone here might be able to help

I sail myself but have bought a Laser Bug for my son for him to learn to sail in and also for me to use as a tender to get out to my own boat

What i am trying to work out is do you need to buy the Laser Bug oars at 95 or will the Plastimo 2 piece oars available on Amazon for only 16 fit

(by fit, i mean fit in the storage on the boat when not in use rather than fit in the rollocks)

I do not want to end up with a set of oars i cannot use but am also keen to save the nearly 80 if i can

Is there anyone out there who has a bug and has used oars on it that were not the expensive laser ones

Thanks

winging it View Drop Down
Really should get out more

Post Options Post Options   Quote winging it Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 12 at 1:58pm
hmm, let me see, I guess if you look at the length of the bug, then the length of the oars, you might just work it out....

please do not buy the laser ones.

ps should have bought an oppie.
the same, but different...

JimC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote JimC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 12 at 2:52pm
If you find a set of wooden ones that are roughly to length you could cut them down if they don't fit...
tom26 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote tom26 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 12 at 3:03pm
thanks both for taking the time to reply

i realise re the measurements, my problem is that i do not have them for the oars nor can i find them anywhere (either set) and it is the size of the 2 halves that matter rather than the overall length

re the oppie, did think about it but the bug seems more versatile - am glad i bought the bug
 Post Reply Post Reply