1 [1.39%]
1 [1.39%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
rb_stretch View Drop Down
Really should get out more

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote rb_stretch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 12 at 6:45pm
If Naish should be in there I would also add Bjorn Dunkerbeck. I seem to remember he won something like 10 world titles on the trot. GRF probably know the exact stats better than me.
Rupert View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Rupert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 12 at 6:58pm
It is hard (an nonsensical) enough choosing between a yotty and a dinghy sailor, let alone adding standyuppy sailors into the mix. There aren't enough frames of reference - you may as well add Steve Redgrave to the list.

Oh, I did find that RIP is available again, though, to download, if you google it. Been impossible to find for years. Used to watch it several times a day when working at Wet and Windy in Bristol in the mid 90's
Firefly 2324, Lightning 130, Puffin 229, Minisail 3446
gordon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote gordon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 12 at 8:13pm
Au contraire Little Monster the innovator has primacy over the guy who uses the innovation  40 or more years later.

Reead Elvstrms account of his first two medals. First to realise that sailing every day makes a difference. He won in 48 after retiring in the first race because he was, on port tack, within 3 boat lengths of a starboard boat. He won the last race because he took 4 rolls in his main, sailed the beats without a jib but hoisted jub on run and last two reaches. He never capsized and never filled his boat.

he then went home and invented a hiking bench!
Gordon
Dougal View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Dougal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 12 at 8:14pm
Originally posted by Rupert

Oh, I did find that RIP is available again, though, to download, if you google it. Been impossible to find for years. Used to watch it several times a day when working at Wet and Windy in Bristol in the mid 90's

I still have it on VHS, and I still have the player to play it on!  There was that great line - 'Taco Bell, lunch of champions'. Could that be Ben's secret?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 456