FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

New Nationals Attendance Tables/Graphs

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Mark Jardine View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Mark Jardine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New Nationals Attendance Tables/Graphs
    Posted: 13 May 12 at 1:07pm
Hi all

I've been developing a new National Championship Attendance Table and Graph page - much more analysis is possible now. Take a look at www.yachtsandyachting.com/class/attendance.aspx and tell me what you think!

I'd also really like to know what features and options you'd like added to this.

Cheers, Mark
MattK View Drop Down
Far too distracted from work

Post Options Post Options   Quote MattK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 12 at 2:57pm
Very cool, it took me a while to notice that when you scroll over the right hand list the graphs increase in boldness, and i would suggest making this a more noticeable visual feature by increasing how much the lines expand

There also seems to be a bug i noticed from checking the line for 18s, that the lack of entry for 2010 means the graph stops at '09 although there is '11 data in the system
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Quote Mark Jardine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 12 at 3:44pm
Originally posted by MattK

Very cool, it took me a while to notice that when you scroll over the right hand list the graphs increase in boldness, and i would suggest making this a more noticeable visual feature by increasing how much the lines expand

I might be limited in what Google Charts can do on this - I'll take a look.

Originally posted by MattK

There also seems to be a bug i noticed from checking the line for 18s, that the lack of entry for 2010 means the graph stops at '09 although there is '11 data in the system

The line should stop if a year is missing and restart again but I see that doesn't work if there's a single point (such as the 18's with 2011) . I could interpolate Nulls (guess the missing points) - there's a function for that but of course that would actually give false data for the missing year.
timeintheboat View Drop Down
Really should get out more

Post Options Post Options   Quote timeintheboat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 12 at 6:57pm
So it's not only me working on what should be a sailing day......

It would be nice to be able to select certain classes (say up to 5 classes at a time).

I've not played with Google Charts...I'll have to give that a try.
Like some other things - sailing is more enjoyable when you do it with someone else
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Quote Mark Jardine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 12 at 10:20am
Hi all

Following on from the Nationals Attendance Graphs, I've been working on the Class pages. The new section is not quite complete but you should be able to click on the Class Icon at the top right of news articles to see the new-look.

Click here for an example of a class (Albacore).

I'd really value your feedback on these bits and any bugs you find!

Cheers, Mark
JohnW View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote JohnW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 12 at 3:33pm
Very nice.

(and an excellent choice of class in your example Smile - although we need to get our fixture list up to date).
Rupert View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Rupert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 12 at 3:57pm
Looks good.
Firefly 2324, Puffin 229, Minisail 3446 Mirror 70686
NickM View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote NickM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 12 at 6:02pm
Very good Mark.  I hope lots of classes will step up to the mark and provide the necessary info.
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Quote Mark Jardine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 12 at 10:49am
And the latest part of the new Classes section is the Class Finder - it's now linked in from the top menu.

http://www.yachtsandyachting.com/class/

I'm still populating a few classes with data (such as trapezes), but the main ones should be there.
Rupert View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Rupert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 12 at 11:34am
When I put in "dinghy", the Minisail vanishes from the list! Is that because it is an Ironing board?!
Firefly 2324, Puffin 229, Minisail 3446 Mirror 70686
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>