FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Which Harness

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
SkiffGuy View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote SkiffGuy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Which Harness
    Posted: 20 Sep 12 at 5:08pm
I'd always go for the harness under the PFD (Buoyancy Aid) With a Rash Vest over the top of everything. +1 on the crewsaver harness for juniors, they look really good.
Laser Vago XD 1369
Jack Sparrow View Drop Down
Really should get out more

Post Options Post Options   Quote Jack Sparrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 12 at 1:54pm
Crewsaver make a really good Junior harness with no exposed buckles. Which is safer. My son finds it very comfortable. The life jacket thing is debatable. Some people wear the harness over the BA so the can get it off easier in an emergency. I wear the BA over the top of the harness and sometimes wear a rash vest over the top of all off it, to make it more streamlined and avoid snagging on things in the first place. Having the BA on top also allows you to take the BA off if you are trapped to swim DOWN and get off the entrapment on the harness. Talking about this makes it sound as if trapezing an extreme sport but I have never hand my hook caught in any thing in 20 years. So go with what is most comfortable!
Happilyover40 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote Happilyover40 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 12 at 1:15pm
Good point Al
They were out in a club Laser 2 at the weekend to see if they would get on and had a very wet ball  LOL

Grinning from ear to ear :- it is going to hard to keep them focused on their Toppers for the rest of the season.

Graham
alstorer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote alstorer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 12 at 12:43pm
At first, she might want to wear a bit more whilst learning to trapeze, especially if her helm is new to trapeze boats too- because there's a pretty good chance she'll be spending more time in the water...
-_
Al
bferry View Drop Down
Posting king
Posting king

Post Options Post Options   Quote bferry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 12 at 12:26pm
Bernard
Vareo 249
Miracle 2818
Malta
Neptune View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Neptune Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 12 at 12:07pm
I always wear my harness under my lifejack.  I find the shoulder straps feel more secure.  Looking for a harness - fit.  Try as many as she can, perhaps ask some of the other 420 girls if she can try theirs.  Don't buy a true nappy one as she is probably growing so it won't last for very long.  The Zhik one i like as it has no loose straps, but again - try some on.

If she is used to wearing hikers and poly pro tops then a long Jon is probably worth considering - I use the Rooster Shin tech one as i like the shin pads in it - but then I am not built like a teenage girl  (stop laughing at the back) - so it worth trying one on.  The Zhik ones look good so do the new Guls ones and both do female specific cuts.

Musto Skiff and Solo sailor
Happilyover40 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote Happilyover40 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 12 at 11:12am
Hi
My daughter is just about to move from a Topper to 420 as crew. 
I have a few basic questions

What does she need to look for in a harness? 
Does it go over or under BA?
She wears hikers & poly pros in Topper what to use in 420?

Thanks for any help.

Graham
 Post Reply Post Reply