FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

New PY Website

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 14>
Author
AlexM View Drop Down
Really should get out more

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote AlexM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New PY Website
    Posted: 27 Mar 12 at 12:18pm
I thought I’d start a new thread for those of us using the new PY online returns system. How is everyone getting on? I’ve managed to upload all the results from last year and this year’s winter series but I don’t think I’ve got enough data yet to propose PY changes (I’ve got about 146 races on with races varying from 10 starters to 50) because the CF is still at 0-0.1.
Main things I’ve noticed
•     When uploading the results it does take time to appear on the site (old site was near enough instant) be patient :)
•     I’ve not managed to upload any results from “select file source” only using the plugins on Sailwave works for me
•     I’ve uploaded some results which I want to deleted. I use the option to delete them (and they do disappear) but they reappear when I come back to the list.
•     Reports screen – I’ve viewed this on different PC’s (I’m not sure if this is relevant) but I seem to get different results on each on. On my Home PC I’ll get two lines for each of the classes, on my work pc I’ll get only a few of the classes and on my ipad it looks fine… lol
•     Is there anyway of seeing the results for all the classes (like the old return page)?
Alex

Edited by AlexM - 27 Mar 12 at 12:19pm
AlexM View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote AlexM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 12 at 12:27pm
This is my current report page:

AlexM View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote AlexM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 12 at 4:35pm
Resolved pt 4 above - press the floating refresh button :)
Medway Maniac View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Medway Maniac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 12 at 6:58pm
That report page would certainly make me hesitate to use the suggested PY's, which suggest inter alia that a Laser is about the same speed as a Phantom.  

Effectively, your sailors would be getting 'group' personal handicaps, the (apparently better) Laser sailors being penalised and the Phantom men on a free ride.  A bit demotivating for the Lasers, and unlike a true personal handicap, they can't even boast about how low theirs is!
AlexM View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote AlexM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 12 at 7:25pm
I think this is where the confidence factor comes in (0 Low 1 High). As you can see none of our results are ready to used yet (wasn't suggesting this, just showing how it work's)
The results so far are pretty spot on for the Phantom /Laser class as our Phantom fleet is all very new (dare i say it, beginners) and the laser fleet are very good. However I think this is where the club judgement also comes in for the ability of the sailors and wouldn't change the Phantom H'cap
Alex
Granite View Drop Down
Far too distracted from work
Far too distracted from work

Post Options Post Options   Quote Granite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 12 at 9:46pm
I am sure that the new site is great, but I don't seem to be able to login anymore. Have they changed the login details?
I would try asking them directly but the contact us link still does not work.
If it doesn't break it's too heavy; if it does it wasn't built right
AlexM View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote AlexM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 12 at 9:54pm
Originally posted by Granite

I am sure that the new site is great, but I don't seem to be able to login anymore. Have they changed the login details?

Ive login using my old details
Alex
craiggo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote craiggo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 12 at 10:34pm
Granite, I have the same problem.

I have contacted Andy Wibroe and am waiting for a reply. His email address is Andy.Wibroe@rya.org.uk

Hopefully access will be forthcoming. I assume that all the data from previous years inputs will still be there?
ellistine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote ellistine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 12 at 10:47pm
Originally posted by Granite

Same problem too.
AlexM View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote AlexM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 12 at 9:07am
PM Chrisg he's very good at sorting it out :)

Over night and not uploading anymore results my reports page has changed again.... not liking my 100 h'cap! lol

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 14>