FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

SCHRS

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Scooby_simon View Drop Down
Really should get out more
Really should get out more

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Scooby_simon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: SCHRS
    Posted: 07 Mar 12 at 8:02pm
Loads been done; hopefully on the site in the next week or so.  Much work done.  I just got to comment this time around; others did all the work. 
Wanna learn to Ski - PM me..
Sprint Bob View Drop Down
Far too distracted from work

Post Options Post Options   Quote Sprint Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 12 at 6:59pm
I see that the SCHRS rating changes have now been posted.
Taking a casual look around  the SCHRS ratings on common cats we see:
Dart 18 rating has changed from 1.181 to 1.210 a change of plus 2.5%
Dart 18 (S/H) rating has changed from 1.186 to 1.237 a change of plus 4.3%
Dart 16X rating has changed from 1.226 to 1.237 a change of plus 0.9%
F18 rating has changed from 1.000 to .966 a change of minus 3.4%
F16 rating has changed from 1.008 to 0.989 a change of minus 1.2%
Prindle 15 rating has changed from 1.206 to 1.275 a change of plus 5.7% ( the biggest I noticed)
ShadowX rating has changed from 1.061 to 1.076 a change of plus 1.4%
Spitfire rating has changed from 1.041 to 1.033 a change of minus 0.08%
Topaz14Xtreme rating has changed from 1.238 to 1.233 a change of minus 0.04%
Inter17(19M2) rating has changed from 1.065 to 1.073 a change of plus 0.08%
Catapult rating has changed from 1.239 to 1.280 a change of plus 3.3%
HurricaneSX rating has changed from 1.006 to 1.019 a change of plus 1.3%
Standard Sprint 15 rating has changed from 1.32 to 1.376 a change of plus 4.2%
Sprint 15 Sport mode rating has changed from 1.218 to 1.258 a change of plus 3.4%

So in general dagger board cats with spinnakers get lower (faster) ratings while unarig skeg cats get bigger (slower) ratings. Looks good in the main, I guess time will tell. Well done to the SCHRS committee

Cheers

Bob

Edited by Sprint Bob - 10 Mar 12 at 7:00pm
Big-C View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Big-C Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 12 at 8:01pm
All looks good although at least one error seems to have crept in
It appears my Unicorn has gone all modern and acquired an 800 mm square top main without me noticing - according to the data used to calculate its rating anyway
Little America's Cup C-Class K19 Emma Hamilton
A-Class Unicorn 1085
Merlin Rocket NSM2
SeaRay 260 OV
Sprint Bob View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Sprint Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 12 at 12:42pm
The SCHRS  PY lookalike page needs to be treated with caution. It has not been updated to reflect the 2012 RYA PNs and the conversion factor is now a poor fit to the data with the new formula and the new RYA values.
Cheers
Bob
oz man View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote oz man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 12 at 2:45pm
I rarely do handicapp events (apart from the piers race) so it dosent really affect me but how can the formula fleets (F16 and F18) get rated on mass? Shouldnt they be done indvidually?
a viper is very different to a falcon or stealth all f16s. likewise a hawk, infusion, wildcat etc all f18s and all very different.
oli
TomB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote TomB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 12 at 5:47pm
Originally posted by oz man

I rarely do handicapp events (apart from the piers race) so it dosent really affect me but how can the formula fleets (F16 and F18) get rated on mass? Shouldnt they be done indvidually?
a viper is very different to a falcon or stealth all f16s. likewise a hawk, infusion, wildcat etc all f18s and all very different.
oli

They are rated on mass because even though the different designs perform differently, they should all be the same speed, the principle behind the Formula system.
If you give a Nacra Infusion a different rating to a Wildcat, then you are suggesting that they are different speeds, which may be the case, but in theory they should be the same.

This is of course my take on the raised point. Happy to be corrected!

49er 884
"its win or swim attitude boys" -awesome aussie skiff commentator
gary145 View Drop Down
Posting king
Posting king

Post Options Post Options   Quote gary145 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 12 at 7:48pm
as I understand it they are all different (some may be faster) but they fit within the rules of 'the formula'
so can race boat for boat against each other. Therefore they have the same rating within the formula.

gary145 View Drop Down
Posting king
Posting king

Post Options Post Options   Quote gary145 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 12 at 7:59pm
help me out, i'm confused.
PY number for Spitfire for 2012?
1.033 x 692.7 = 715   is that right?
Thats a better rating than last year (712) 

oz man View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote oz man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 12 at 1:46pm
so my ratings worked out on what it could measure rather than what it actually measures.
sorry still dont get it.
farc anal View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote farc anal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 12 at 2:27pm
Sounds like f18's, f16s should be added to the boats requiring
 individual handicaps like they suggest for the A class cats, ie if you aren't running a state of the art  "f variant you may be better to get your individual measurement carried out , unfortunately the online calculator has not been updated as yet , nor how to measure mainsail .

It's also
interesting to note that whilst schrs uk accept single  handed spinnaker cats are slower than there counterpart two man variants they still get a punitive rating the same as two man boat , this would also suggest that single spin boats without a two man counterpart are also harshly penalised.

Perhaps we're heading down the line of schrs producing a handicap rating which then could be fine tuned by Rya s reporting system , would be interesting to see what ratings that would throw up , Rya can use their system to analyse and produce revised schrs ratings , if asked, and I know they would be delighted to do so .

However many thanks to all who produces these rules , it is appreciated that it takes immense commitment and time , hopefully comments that are made can be taken as constructive observation from those out with "the woods "

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>