FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Musto skiff and Rs700

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4567>
Author
Menace View Drop Down
Far too distracted from work

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Menace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Musto skiff and Rs700
    Posted: 31 Dec 11 at 6:22pm

Given the choice of a reasonable(ish) Laser or a 700 for club sailing, I'd actually go for a 700. Screw the knee wrecker and when you put it in that perspective, seems a pretty good deal. My club has very little Laser activity and you're pretty much getting the same deal as the Musto for a club boat, just a little rougher round the edges. Think Rogue has been nailing it on the head with the advice.

As for Skiff decline, you could say it about any class at the moment if you are bold enough to say it about the Musto. Wasn't too long ago I remember people saying the 505 and Fireball were going to die a death down at my club. Good boats sometimes go through peaks and troughs, the others go by the by. I don't think the MPS will die off, she's going to be one of these boats like the Contender in 20 - 30 years time.
Ruscoe View Drop Down
Really should get out more

Post Options Post Options   Quote Ruscoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 11 at 6:32pm
Originally posted by Menace

Given the choice of a reasonable(ish) Laser or a 700 for club sailing, I'd actually go for a 700. Screw the knee wrecker and when you put it in that perspective, seems a pretty good deal. My club has very little Laser activity and you're pretty much getting the same deal as the Musto for a club boat, just a little rougher round the edges. Think Rogue has been nailing it on the head with the advice.

As for Skiff decline, you could say it about any class at the moment if you are bold enough to say it about the Musto. Wasn't too long ago I remember people saying the 505 and Fireball were going to die a death down at my club. Good boats sometimes go through peaks and troughs, the others go by the by. I don't think the MPS will die off, she's going to be one of these boats like the Contender in 20 - 30 years time.

Spot on +1, good boats in principle should always do well.  The Musto has it all the best thing being the class association driving itself backing a great builder.  Rather then a builder pushing a poor boat packaged nicely with no proper association behind it.  i believe for these reasons the Musto will be a modern classic and others will just rot in the dinghy parks...

ex laser View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote ex laser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 11 at 9:47pm
Originally posted by rogue

Good luck - keep us posted and of course, prove Grumpf wrong!

since when was that difficult!!!!!! LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL

happy new year to you all ( even g.r.f.)
popeye_ali View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote popeye_ali Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 12 at 10:30am
Originally posted by garyspeed

I have added many MPS v/700% more problem with 100 ever. I've done with musto and when I get to 100, I get more experience, at least if you p1ssed in Member, you can get up and come back quite easily.

Sorry didn't understand any of that. 
RS400, RS600, RS700, RS800, Int Moth, Laser. Musto Skiff (current)
Max McCarthy View Drop Down
Posting king
Posting king

Post Options Post Options   Quote Max McCarthy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 12 at 10:37am
Originally posted by popeye_ali

Originally posted by garyspeed

I have added many MPS v/700% more problem with 100 ever. I've done with musto and when I get to 100, I get more experience, at least if you p1ssed in Member, you can get up and come back quite easily.

Sorry didn't understand any of that. 

+1
Vintage skol moth 3438
Kev M View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Kev M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 12 at 10:54am
don't worry, I read all 10 of his posts and none of them made much sense.  If it wasn't so early in the morning I'd have thought it was too much Christmas spirit.
Successfully confusing ambition with ability since 1980.
popeye_ali View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote popeye_ali Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 12 at 3:56pm
Thanks for all the advise all but I am now a Musto Skiff owner and looking forward to the new season.
RS400, RS600, RS700, RS800, Int Moth, Laser. Musto Skiff (current)
Max McCarthy View Drop Down
Posting king
Posting king

Post Options Post Options   Quote Max McCarthy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 12 at 4:57pm
Congrats, will you post on here how you get on with her?
Vintage skol moth 3438
Hughph View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Hughph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 12 at 6:44pm
Originally posted by Max McCarthy

Congrats, will you post on here how you get on with her?

+1 please do. Will be interesting to see how you get on with it
rogue View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote rogue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 12 at 9:42pm
Get yourself the K16 DVD ASAP and save yourself a sh*t load of 'unteachng bad technique' 6 mOnths downthe line!

Good luck... Crap time year mind ;-)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4567>