FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Cat Sailing Event Dates 2012 - Lets not clash!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
Author
Yello Streak View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Yello Streak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Cat Sailing Event Dates 2012 - Lets not clash!
    Posted: 19 Jan 12 at 1:32pm
Hi John... and everyone..

I am webmaster for the nacraclass site and I have an embedded google calendar for events..

I will go through this message thread if this is what is wanted and add all the dates into here..

further more I am prepared to put out a cat diary website for everyone...  but I need people and more importantly class associations to give me the info..

I too am fed up with the UKCRA site.. I tried to place a rocket under the people responisble a couple of years ago but seems they were not interested.. maybe I need to enhance and make a 'alternate UKCRA' site..

your thoughts please......
a_dowley View Drop Down
Far too distracted from work
Far too distracted from work

Post Options Post Options   Quote a_dowley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 12 at 1:57pm
Hey Yello Streak,

Feel free to add these events to the calendar, it's a good idea. Everything which has been posted in this thread has been added to the first post.

Speaking to the people who currently run the UKCRA site, they also have the same problem, if they don't get the info they can't update the website. Often event dates change at the last minute or they receive incorrect information. 

I guess there are just too many places to look for events and their dates. The main reason I added this was to avoid clashes of events.

Cheers

Andrew
Rope for sale
Sailing Chandlery - Online Chandlery - Number 1 Rated

Post Options Post Options   Quote Yello Streak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 12 at 3:13pm
OK..  Watch this space!

If anyone has any other events email me direct at catamarans@carsingtonsc.co.uk and I'll do the updates..

Simon
0781 505 4819

MerlinMags View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Quote MerlinMags Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 12 at 3:26pm
I've also been told about:
17-18 Mar - Fast Cat Open Meeting - Datchet Water SC
20-21 Oct - Catamaran Open Meeting - Grafham Water SC

All the events listed in the first post of this thread have been added to the Y&Y website calendar too (thank you!). Input your class name (or just the word "catamaran") in the search box on www.yachtsandyachting.com/calendar to see a list of all events relevant to you.

Alternatively our feeds work for cats too:
1) simple html table
2) RSS / XML

These will also include the general handicap events which allow multihulls.

Edited by MerlinMags - 19 Jan 12 at 3:27pm
Andymac View Drop Down
Really should get out more

Post Options Post Options   Quote Andymac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 12 at 3:58pm
Originally posted by MerlinMags

I've also been told about:
17-18 Mar - Fast Cat Open Meeting - Datchet Water SC
20-21 Oct - Catamaran Open Meeting - Grafham Water SC

I thought the Grafham event had been shelved due to repeat 'vandalism' at the previous three events, or has the issue/culprits been 'sorted'?
Netherless, they are hosting the Sprint 15 class inlands over that weekend.
MerlinMags View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Quote MerlinMags Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 12 at 4:05pm
The Grafham event was added to the Y&Y calendar by Barry (from the club) back in December.

I also see the event is still listed on the club's own website:
http://www.grafham.org/?page_id=3213
ASok View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote ASok Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 12 at 4:11pm
I thought I heard that the Grafam event is for 'slow' cats (if they really exist!). Maybe they are bringing the classes in as smaller groups, so they can identify the culprits!

They do have the event posted on their website
johnnyt View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote johnnyt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 12 at 4:30pm

I have reviewed the list at the start of this posting and from a Hurricane and Bala catamaran club perspective all the events seems to be included.

It is possible to put them on a Google calendar so we can link our personal calendars to it? I know this was something that the F18 class did

From previous postings the Grafham event was only open to Dart 15’s and none of the fast cat classes. That was my understanding

Good to see cat sailors  coming out of winter hibernation

John Tuckwell
Development Executive
GJW Insurance
www.gjwdirect.co.uk
Insurance rebel without a clause.

Nacraman View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote Nacraman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 12 at 5:54pm
Originally posted by Yello Streak

Hi John... and everyone..

I am webmaster for the nacraclass site and I have an embedded google calendar for events..

I will go through this message thread if this is what is wanted and add all the dates into here..

further more I am prepared to put out a cat diary website for everyone...  but I need people and more importantly class associations to give me the info..

I too am fed up with the UKCRA site.. I tried to place a rocket under the people responisble a couple of years ago but seems they were not interested.. maybe I need to enhance and make a 'alternate UKCRA' site..

your thoughts please......

If you actually look closely at the events page on the UKCRA website you will see it links to a google calendar for classes and clubs to post their events (it has been set up like this for the last 2 years!!). My partner has been running the website for the last 3 years on a volunteer basis and to be honest, has got a bit fed up with the lack of content sent to us to keep the site fresh. This has been compounded by my partner having taken on 2 jobs in the last  year or so leaving no time to be proactive in refreshing the site.

Edited by Nacraman - 19 Jan 12 at 6:02pm
"God bless those Pagans"-H.J.Simpson
"Beer, now there's a temporary solution"-H.J.Simpson

www.nacra.co.uk

Post Options Post Options   Quote Yello Streak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 12 at 6:39pm
Bizzarly we were both discussing this very thing together a couple of years ago when we set up the nacra class association

perhaps we could use UKCRA's google calendar instead and if your prepared to share the login then I can update that on your behalf.

We only want to get all the events in one place after all.   
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>