FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Cat Sailing Event Dates 2012 - Lets not clash!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
Author
ASok View Drop Down
Really should get out more

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote ASok Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Cat Sailing Event Dates 2012 - Lets not clash!
    Posted: 02 Dec 11 at 7:38pm
Bob - completely understand. Must be gutting for the club to make that decision
oz man View Drop Down
Far too distracted from work
Far too distracted from work

Post Options Post Options   Quote oz man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 11 at 7:57pm
Not at all surprised.I hope the idiots responsable are pleased with themselves although i suspect they dont give a toss.
I have been going to grafham for over twenty years and would like to say thanks for the opens they have put on and hope we will be allowed back in the future.
Local Produce View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Local Produce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 11 at 9:15pm
Maybe we can all borrow Darts for the weekend. 

A bit gutted really, Grafham was a real celebration of cat sailing in the UK.
Scooby_simon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Scooby_simon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 11 at 9:53pm
Originally posted by oz man

Not at all surprised.I hope the idiots responsable are pleased with themselves although i suspect they dont give a toss.
I have been going to grafham for over twenty years and would like to say thanks for the opens they have put on and hope we will be allowed back in the future.

Agreed; I've missed 2 in 30 years.  My dad was Fleet captain and I am currently fast cat fleet captain. 

I worked very hard to get this years event on after 2 years of problems; now wonder what the feckin point was; I now look stupid.  

Who ever it was; Well done idiot.   If you know who it was; please apply considerable pressure.
Wanna learn to Ski - PM me..
Goldenballs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Goldenballs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 11 at 10:49pm
All,

The date for the Solent Forts Race will be 13th May.

This is a new long distance cat event held in the Eastern Solent; see http://www.hfsc.org.uk/

Hopefully no clashes with any other events!

Richard
shadeux View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote shadeux Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 11 at 12:17pm
This is sad for cat sailing but have these sort of problems happened at other cat opens? If not, why Grafham?
Bruce
Shadow002
anewscents View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote anewscents Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 11 at 1:22pm

They (Grafham) either have a good idea that it was someone from the fast fleet or using fleet split as a method of deduction.

I am fairly sure the persons responsible are known and that the incidents do not spread as they do not attend many/other events in England.  To be fair, I am not convinced they have been responsible for both previous incidents (maybe one of them) but that does not excuse the behaviour having been forewarned.  Such a shame they did not quietly admit to it and take responsibility for their behaviour (even anonymously)... esp. as it has such an affect on others.

alstorer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote alstorer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 11 at 2:49pm
What's happened?
-_
Al
Multiplex View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote Multiplex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 11 at 5:15pm
Hi!

A Class Nats - Rutland SC, Sept 1st-2nd.  Training day on the 31st Aug too!.

Thx

Gordon Upton
GER 510

Andymac View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Andymac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 11 at 8:10pm
Carsington cat open 22nd/23rd September 2012, confirmed on club calander.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>