FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

concept 302

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
chris View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote chris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: concept 302
    Posted: 27 Jun 05 at 9:37pm
I have recently purchased a concept 302 to sail at my local sailing club. however no one knows what PY number to give it. Any ideas? with main sail only or with spinaker.
ChrisJ View Drop Down
Far too distracted from work
Far too distracted from work

Post Options Post Options   Quote ChrisJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 05 at 11:44am

If there hasn't been one allocated, then you will need to sail with an estimated one until one can be caluclated.

In order to do this (and for us to do the estimating!) we would need to see a picture of the boat, and some measurements (length, width, weight, sail area etc etc).

chris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote chris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 05 at 4:27pm
thanks chris. the concept is 3 meters long and 1.2 meters wide. main sail approx. 4.7 meters square and the spinnaker is 4.5 meters. one recently sold on ebay. see attached pictures. thanks chris
Rupert View Drop Down
Really should get out more

Post Options Post Options   Quote Rupert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 05 at 5:37pm
When they came out they were thought to be somewhere near the Topper without the spinnaker, and a bit faster with. If you race it for a few races and see where it comes in the fleet, you will have a starting point that can be adjusted every few races till it seems right. This would probebly put you back in a similar position in the results from your previous boat, if you had one.
Phil eltringham View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Phil eltringham Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 05 at 6:25pm
I think id did make it into the racing classses review in about 98/99, maybe someone with a better organised collection of old issues than me, or even the lovely people at Y&Y towers an dig in the archives, failing that the RYA may know. 
FLAT IS FAST!
Shifts Happen
 Post Reply Post Reply