FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Beach Boat Recommendations

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
AndyMM View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote AndyMM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 05 at 8:30am
Thanks for all the replies, someone at the club pointed out to me yesterday that I could get a High Performance boat for days (Like Yesterday) with a flat sea and a gentle 3 or 4 and keep the Laser for the other days when I go out with the Kiteboarders and Windsurfers in a 6 or 7 with the big waves. (Apparently they all think I am mad anyway but enjoy watching from the clubhouse)

I think what will probably happen is I will get an RS6/700 or Contender and then learn to Windsurf for the big waves days ? Be a lot easier on the Maintenance costs
Black no sugar View Drop Down
Really should get out more

Post Options Post Options   Quote Black no sugar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 05 at 6:15pm

We've got a few nice waves on pebbles in Lancing. Launching can be interesting...

Wave Rider View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Wave Rider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 05 at 10:31pm
Whoa !
           -[Franko]-
Chew Valley Lake Sailing Club
           RS600 933
AndyMM View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote AndyMM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 05 at 8:05am
Excellent Photo, That is exactly what it looks like here on Big Wave days

Mind you I do have Sand instead of Pebbles.
Blobby View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Blobby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 05 at 8:53am
Sand is worse for the boat though - shingle rolls nicely but sand is solid stuff and hurts boats far more...
Blobby View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Blobby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 05 at 8:54am
Originally posted by Black no sugar

We've got a few nice waves on pebbles in Lancing. Launching can be interesting...

Tell BWD to stop jumping out of his boat when people are trying to launch...but it does explain his name though!

Black no sugar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Black no sugar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 05 at 2:29pm

He couldn't jump out of his boat, he still hasn't got one! That ripple was produced by mightier forces than Dave, poor lamb...

That wave did hurt, and they knew it would:

Bracing himself against the inevitable!!

Peter Rhodes View Drop Down
Posting king
Posting king

Post Options Post Options   Quote Peter Rhodes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 05 at 3:13pm
what's the difference between the rs600 and the contender?
AndyMM View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote AndyMM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 05 at 3:18pm
For me the biggest difference is there are lots of RS600 around secondhand but very few Contenders.

This plus that fact they are both singlehanded Trapeze boats means they are exactly what I want. The RS700 looks even better but a big jump in price.

Other than that I bow to others who have actually sailed them ?
Peter Rhodes View Drop Down
Posting king
Posting king

Post Options Post Options   Quote Peter Rhodes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 05 at 9:17pm
does that mean loads of people buy a rs600 realise it's rubbish and sell it to buy a contender thus eliminating their existance on the second hand market?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>