FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

RWO UJ

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Jaws View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Jaws Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: RWO UJ
    Posted: 12 May 11 at 10:12pm
I've just got a standard omniflex joint to replace the identical older one that was close to breaking. I'm now having an issue getting the thing into the socket. I've tried hammering, forcing etc. Are there any secret tricks to get it in there? I could file it, but that might affect how well it stays in, or perhaps heat it up to soften it?

Thanks
RS600 794
GybeFunny View Drop Down
Far too distracted from work

Post Options Post Options   Quote GybeFunny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 11 at 10:16pm
Do you mean fitting it to the tiller or getting the new joint inside the tiller extension?
Jaws View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote Jaws Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 11 at 10:35pm
Getting it inside the extension.
RS600 794
GybeFunny View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote GybeFunny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 11 at 10:45pm
In that case I put a bit of washing up liquid inside the tube and twisted the new extension in when I last did it.
Jaws View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote Jaws Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 11 at 10:51pm
I'll try that tomorrow. Thanks  Smile
RS600 794
tim grasse View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote tim grasse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 11 at 10:23pm
if its an allyminium teller extension you could heat the end of it up with a blow torch and freexe the uk with ice, this will make the tube wider and the uj marginally smaller causing a looser fit then when they return to room temperature you have a very tight fit and if you want tighter you could always add a rivet but this method only works with an alloy tiller extension as the fire would destroy a carbon tiller extension.
 Post Reply Post Reply