FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Miracle control lines

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Graham T View Drop Down
Posting king
Posting king

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Graham T Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Miracle control lines
    Posted: 09 May 11 at 8:35am
If its the boat from Northumberland I know it well.... Are you in the North East? If so I have a couple of Miracles in the workshop where I can show you the layout I fit for controls. If not just contact me through my website (theboatfixer.co.uk) and I will send you some pictures. BTW with the old section round boom an 8:1 kicker is a bit of overkill - the boom bends alarmingly if you pull it on!

Graham
Osprey 55 "Tebutinnang"
Osprey 1245 "Two Bob Bit"
Miracle 1358 "Thumper"
sawman View Drop Down
Far too distracted from work
Far too distracted from work

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote sawman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 11 at 10:12pm
Having taken delivery of a new (to me) elderly miracle, I have spent the weekend prepping it for a topsides varnish and been pondering the improvements i want to make to control line layout. I would like to swap the existing kicker, which cleats in a v-jammer on the bottom kicker block to a led aft to thwart type. Probably with a cascade 8:1. I haven't rigged the boat at this time so have no measurements to get the new one made up to, would anyone know what the spec is? 

Also where would be reasonable to attach the turning blocks to - floor (hog) or the plywood just forward of the mast step? 

I'd like to lead the cunningham to the thwart too, probably using turning blocks in a similar location.

grateful for any tips...

Post Reply Post Reply