FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Plastic Pipe Launching Trolley For Oppie

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
OppiePunch View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote OppiePunch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Plastic Pipe Launching Trolley For Oppie
    Posted: 08 May 11 at 11:22am
Hi...

Trying to find some info on building a cheap launching trolley for an oppie?

When i was young enough to compete lots of people had great little trolleys out of white pipe - but I cant seem to find any!

My main question is really how to make the axel work... i think the rest is quite simple!

Thanks in advance

Lara
tgruitt View Drop Down
Really should get out more

Post Options Post Options   Quote tgruitt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 11 at 11:50am
Needs to sail more...
JohnW View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote JohnW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 11 at 4:28pm
I made my kids a trolley out of plastic drain pipes from B&Q - use the thinner sink waste pipe inside the bath drain pipe for additional strength. 
T-pieces for the join between the axle tube and the handle, 90 degree joints to shape the handle. Joints held in place with pop rivets.
The axle was metal tube through the middle of the double thickness drain pipe.
Add some foam pipe insulation where the boat rests on the axle.

Edited by JohnW - 08 May 11 at 4:31pm
GybinJoe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote GybinJoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 11 at 9:13pm
Should'nt be too hard to Make one, Four PVC pies, Two 90 degree elbows and two T joints.
PVC it all together then Pop a metal pipe through the T joints and stick a couple of wheels on. Then Fiddle to your hearts content with foam padding and handles. LOL
I remember making a similar one for a topper, Same basic design just different Sizes Geek
Laser Standard (Helm)
J-80 (Crew&Helm)
Laser 2 (Helm)
Beneteau(Crewing for multiple boats)
Sheetpuller View Drop Down
Posting king
Posting king

Post Options Post Options   Quote Sheetpuller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 11 at 2:00pm
Originally posted by GybinJoe

Should'nt be too hard to Make one, Four PVC pies, Two 90 degree elbows and two T joints.
PVC it all together then Pop a metal pipe through the T joints and stick a couple of wheels on. Then Fiddle to your hearts content with foam padding and handles. LOL
I remember making a similar one for a topper, Same basic design just different Sizes Geek

God, I really hope you're not involved in the catering at your club...
GybinJoe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote GybinJoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 11 at 5:25pm
Whyso? Wink
Laser Standard (Helm)
J-80 (Crew&Helm)
Laser 2 (Helm)
Beneteau(Crewing for multiple boats)
 Post Reply Post Reply