FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Old yacht photos

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
beatle View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote beatle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Old yacht photos
    Posted: 08 Mar 11 at 8:00pm
Hi.,  I've just recently joined the forum,  and was kind of surprised it's mainly all modern day sailing related.   Does anybody out ther share a passion for the grand old yachts,  the Salt water palaces of J P Morgan and Sir Thomas Lipton ?   I'm particulary fond of sailings golden age,  and quite often have photographs listed on Ebay under the name of Germanyneon.   If any members know of likely places to obtain old yachting photographs, I would be grateful for the information.
David
tgruitt View Drop Down
Really should get out more

Post Options Post Options   Quote tgruitt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 11 at 8:06pm
Hi David,

Have you looked at http://www.beken.co.uk , they have a lot of old yachting pics going back quite a long way.

Needs to sail more...
beatle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote beatle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 11 at 10:19pm
Hi,  thanks for that, much appreciated.   Just had a quick look, and well impressed.  Not only did they have old yachts, but also old liners and aircraft too.  Plenty there to idle my time away.   I'll get stuck in there tomorrow.
Cheers,  David
patj View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote patj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 11 at 7:38pm
There's lots of us here with a passion for old classic dinghies - half the cvrda committee are regular posters!
http://www.cvrda.org for Classic and Vintage Racing Dinghies (shameless plug Smile)
beatle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote beatle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 11 at 11:07pm
Hi,  thanks for the tip.   It's amazing what's out there once you know WHERE to look !
Cheers,  David
beatle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote beatle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 11 at 9:37pm
Glad you like them.  I usually have a few listed for sale on Ebay.  I'll try and post a proper link so it takes you directly to the right pictures.   Beken of Cowes were streets ahead of anybody else when it came to yacht photos.   Their pictures always manage to capture a mood of peaceful and serene calm !  Just how sailing should be !
Cheers,  David
LynchA View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote LynchA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 11 at 2:18pm
Originally posted by patj

There's lots of us here with a passion for old classic dinghies - half the cvrda committee are regular posters!
http://www.cvrda.org for Classic and Vintage Racing Dinghies (shameless plug Smile)

Nice pictures, will you add fresh ones? 
Life is either a daring adventure or nothing.
 Post Reply Post Reply