FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Landyachting

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 7>
Author
MerlinMags View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote MerlinMags Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 11 at 8:55am
I have always been tempted....but is there anywhere to try it on the coast between between Poole and Brighton?
blueboy View Drop Down
Really should get out more

Post Options Post Options   Quote blueboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 11 at 10:57am
Originally posted by MerlinMags

I have always been tempted....but is there anywhere to try it on the coast between between Poole and Brighton?

Can you think of any large stretches of flat sand? 'Cos I can't.
Jack Sparrow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Jack Sparrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 11 at 1:30pm
Availability of sites is an issue. The other side of the channel has plenty, in fact I believe Landsailing is a school activity at many French coastal schools. How cool is that!

Airfields are used also. The Brean club used to sail on an airfield Nr Bristol, during the height of the Summer. But they can be difficult to get the clearance from MOD etc... so if anyone knows of a site?

Captain Morgan View Drop Down
Far too distracted from work
Far too distracted from work

Post Options Post Options   Quote Captain Morgan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 11 at 11:34pm
Like some others, I've wanted to give this a go, but I'm unwilling to travel miles just to try it out. Now I'm back in the South East, I might think about it again.
I'm probably wrong, but at the back of my mind I thought that there was a club/group using some airfield in the South East???
If so, I may give it a try, but seeing how I'm more likely to be sailing much more regularly now at my new club, I can't really commit myself too much to it!
Ice sailing... Now I would travel to have a go at that! Wink

Post Options Post Options   Quote Jack Sparrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 11 at 10:51am
Unfortunately the weather gods did not play the game at the weekend. Event report to follow.
standart434 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote standart434 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 11 at 9:34am
Why sell it come and join us at Brean we have an xsail and club yachts to race against.
standart434 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote standart434 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 11 at 9:37am
ye bassingbourne do come and try sessions. contact Steve borrel for details its on there webb site 

Post Options Post Options   Quote Jack Sparrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 11 at 5:36pm
Originally posted by standart434

Why sell it come and join us at Brean we have an xsail and club yachts to race against.

Good point Sandart434.... Cookie, get that BlowKart down to Brean and show us how its done. On a side point there may be some business for you in composite body construction for the Class 5 yachts etc. As your so close it would be worth poping in one weekend.

Post Options Post Options   Quote Jack Sparrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 11 at 2:48pm

Post Options Post Options   Quote Jack Sparrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 11 at 10:19am
No Landyachting this weekend at Brean, the South West Area Kite Club has the whole beach for the weekend.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 7>