FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Short term insurance

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
simonrh View Drop Down
Posting king
Posting king

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote simonrh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Short term insurance
    Posted: 23 Feb 11 at 3:18pm
Does anyone know if any of the dinghy insurance companies offer short insurance policies.

I need to arrange a month or 2 of insurance to try a boat out and see if I can get on with it.

I use towergate Mardon and they off 6 month policies which is better but still loads more than I need.
Vortex Asymmetric 1064
Dart 18 7118
Smartkat stunt sailor extraordinaire
Wee Man View Drop Down
Far too distracted from work

Post Options Post Options   Quote Wee Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 11 at 4:03pm
These people I believe do monthly cover

simonrh View Drop Down
Posting king
Posting king

Post Options Post Options   Quote simonrh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 11 at 4:06pm
Absolutely perfect Wee Man cheers, that'd get me on the water and comfortable and then can get the bells and whistles added at a later date.
Vortex Asymmetric 1064
Dart 18 7118
winging it View Drop Down
Really should get out more

Post Options Post Options   Quote winging it Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 11 at 9:20am
I insured a dinghy with nobles for just a short while because I knew I would soon be selling it.  It was no problem at all.  You just have to ask!
the same, but different...

simonrh View Drop Down
Posting king
Posting king

Post Options Post Options   Quote simonrh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 11 at 9:25am
It is a little strange having my boat insured by "Equine and Livestock" but there you go.

Once i have sold one of the current fleet of boats, I will be transferring the Dart (currently on monthly insurance) over to towergate mardon "proper" insurance.
Vortex Asymmetric 1064
Dart 18 7118
RS400atC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote RS400atC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 11 at 11:42am
Craftinsure can do this online for very little extra unless I have completely misunderstood.
You just stop the policy when you no longer need it and they don't take any money next month.
MerlinMags View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Quote MerlinMags Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 12 at 4:31pm
Originally posted by Wee Man

These people I believe do monthly cover

Excellent tip-off, thanks! That will mean the pitifully small amount of sailing I can do this year (blame the house move) will not cost me a daft amount.
MerlinMags View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Quote MerlinMags Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 12 at 5:14pm
Spoke too soon - E&L do not insure boats over 30 years old. Counts me out.

http://www.insurance4dinghies.com/ were the best for me in the end - 6 months cover very affordable if you're only doing club racing sort of stuff, and I understand the next level of cover, for open meetings etc, isn't much more. They also answered the phone at 5:31pm on a Friday - amazing!

Edited by MerlinMags - 20 Jul 12 at 5:55pm
NickM View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote NickM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 13 at 11:17pm
Just had two months cover for the "second boat" from EandL. Monthly payments and no problem about cancelling. Must be the way to go.
Scoopdeck View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Scoopdeck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 16 at 11:01pm
Equine & Livestock?? Did I read that right?  Smile I'm surprised it wasn't easier to find a short term policy but if it worked out, it worked out. 
 Post Reply Post Reply